Printed luggage tags

Bosrox

Follow the directions on the luggage tags. The reason you fold rather than cut is to make the tag stronger.

I used to fold mine and then cover them in clear packing tape, fold around the handle and staple twice one directions and once the other way.

I now have clear luggage tag sleeves with reusable fasteners. I love them as I can affix them to luggage after arriving at embarkation port and need nothing else. They were very cheap on amazon and I have used them over and over.

I bought these same tags holders for our last cruise and was very pleased with them. I highly recommend them.

I printed off my luggage tags and of course, they are just on regular paper. How do I secure them on my luggage?

Or do I just bring them them when we check in and staff secures them?

Staple them to the handles.You do it.

They also need to be attached before you check in since you need to drop off your luggage with the porters. We purchased the reusable tag holders. We get them all reading and attach them once we land, when flying. If you are flying do not attach them until you land. They could get ripped off or in the way of the airline's baggage tags.

I get "artsy-crafty" and laminate our tags with 2"packing tape, then put a tiny slit towards the bottom to attach old fashioned brass paper fasteners . Attach the fasteners just before we get to the cruise port.

A lot of bother? Sure it is! It's just one more fun thing to do before the cruise! :D

We live in Michigan, so we always fly to the cruise ports. My wife usually folds the tags and staples, like others have mentioned, and then fixes them to the luggage handles before we board the plane to get to our cruise port. It has always made me nervous :o. I print out a few extras to pack in the luggage. They get fairly wrinkled and worn on the plane, but we haven't had a problem yet.

I am considering getting a small set of the tag holders that were linked earlier. Do they work pretty well?

These are AWESOME luggage tags! Your home printed luggage "tag" when folded along the dotted lines fits perfectly into the think plastic thingy. The wire that attaches the tag to your luggage is small but very strong. Highly recommend them!

I used clear packing tape but others in my group just stapled the paper and it worked fine.

I am considering getting a small set of the tag holders that were linked earlier. Do they work pretty well?

They are worth every penny. Just the peace of mind knowing your tags wont get ripped off is worth the small cost. If you plan on cruising more than once then I would highly suggest picking up a set or two.

We use the plastic tags that others have mentioned. They work great. On our last cruise we forgot them and just stapled them. They held but it was raining on embarkation day and the ink ran making them hard to read. The poor staff that had to sort luggage that trip had a devil of a time as there were many tags that had the ink run or just came off due to getting pretty wet.

Next trip we won't forget the plastic tags or if we do, at least will slap some packing tape on them.