Upgrade/Upsell on Suites

Curious on how RC handles this. Lets say all the suites in the GS category are sold out 2 months out, and there are still 5-7 OS still open, will they just let those suites go empty, or with they try to upgrade/upsell to open up the lower price GS? And does the process stop there, or do they upgrade/upsell JS to GS?

Curious on how RC handles this. Lets say all the suites in the GS category are sold out 2 months out, and there are still 5-7 OS still open, will they just let those suites go empty, or with they try to upgrade/upsell to open up the lower price GS? And does the process stop there, or do they upgrade/upsell JS to GS?

Royal Caribbean has two choices. They can upgrade top tier C&A members and then sell their lower category cabins for the going price.

They can upsell the suites.

Which do you think they will do?

;)

We have bever been offered an upgrade or an upsell from a GS. :confused:

Got an upsell from crown loft to grand loft but rci wanted about $2500. Would be sky class to star class so grats included. This would bring the upgrade down to $2100 but we declined as the perks did not make it worthwhile for us. Cruise is 16 weeks out and all cls are gone but the grand loft and owners loft is still available. Hope they call back with a better offer as it gets closer to sail date.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Edited by frank808

We have bever been offered an upgrade or an upsell from a GS. :confused:

I have zero expectation. I just noticed every GS is sold out on a June 2018 cruise but 7 of the 10 OS is still available.

Either way, they are selling more cabins.. I believe my family will be happy in the two GS we have, but an upgrade would be acceptable too. )

I have zero expectation. I just noticed every GS is sold out on a June 2018 cruise but 7 of the 10 OS is still available.

No, if they give them away as upgrades to C&A, they only have the lower category cabins to sell.

If they make you pay for an upsell, they get YOUR money and whatever they get for your cabin.

:)

No, if they give them away as upgrades to C&A, they only have the lower category cabins to sell.

If they make you pay for an upsell, they get YOUR money and whatever they get for your cabin.

:)

True, but if they upgrade me or upsell me, they then have a better chance to sell the cabins I vacate versus the empty cabins. Just my opinion, but easier to sell a 6k cabin vs a 11k cabin.

Got an upsell from crown loft to grand loft but rci wanted about $2500. Would be sky class to star class so grats included. This would being the upgrade down to $2100 but we declined as the perks did not make it worthwhile for us. Cruise is 16 weeks out and all cls are gone but the grand lost and owners loft is still available. Hope they call back with a better offer as it gets closer to sail date.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

You probably have more chance of an upsell on Oasis class ships due to the extra cabin types. In this case the OP isn't sailing Oasis class so very few higher cabin categories.

Good luck with your upsell. I'd have jumped at that.

They are not going to let 5-7 OS sail empty.

I just got an upsell offer from a GS to a grand loft suite for the Allure sailing we just got back from today. It was worth every penny. The room was AMAZING, the Star Class perks were absolutely unbelievable, and having the Genie was icing on the cake!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums