Are there internet package options other than unlimited?

ljhershey

We'll be sailing on a one week Caribbean cruise on the Equinox next month and typically use about 10 minutes a day of internet service. We have not sailed on Celebrity in quite a while. Are there any appropriate internet packages offered (other than the very expensive unlimited package)? What is the current price per minute? Thanks!

Are you in the Captain's Club? If you are Elite you get 90 minutes free, Elite Plus get 240 minutes free.

As far as I know, they no longer sell internet by the minute. But this is an ever changing process so maybe they do again.

Ok just checked on this as I too did not know they went to unlimited. But depending on your status see what free minutes you may receive. But there is a choice to discount the unlimited price. You can share you minutes with cabin mate!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They do sell single hours and single days but if you buy a single hour the clock starts running on that hour as soon as you log in. Same thing for a one day package. Neither is cheap but about half way through some trips I have seen discounts on unlimited packages for the remainder of the trip.

It might be cheaper to use your smartphone for internet in the Caribbean. Check with your service provider. T-Mobile and Google Fi have unlimited roaming. Verizon charges $10 per 24-hour period.

Puerto Rico and USVI may be included in your USA plan, depending on the carrier.

I use Google Fi and have stopped using ship or port WiFi as a result.

We are Captain s Club classic as have not sailed on Celebrity recently and only 3 times before this cruise. I do not have a smartphone but have an iPad with cellular on my daughter's Verizon plan. Also have a wifi Nexus.

We go on Princess frequently and get their free WiFi package and have learned to check email in a couple of minutes a day. Some checks are even under 30 seconds....but I need some minimal access for sea days. Any additional thoughts based on this info?

For the iPad on Verizon, see this web page

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/trip-planner-tool/

I have lots of coworkers on Verizon. They all use the $10 per day travel pass

It's described here.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/solutions-and-services/international-travel/

For your sea days you will need to use ship WiFi. I have not been on X recently so I don't know what they charge for per minute access.

You can buy single days for those sea days. You get a 24 hour period for one price that would be more than the cost per day for an unlimited package. As Classic members I believe you get a 10% discount on the unlimited package if you call the captain's club and book it that way or if you buy it onboard. Be aware that the ship's internet can be very slow on sea days now that there are so many people on unlimited packages. You do not want to use the celluar feature on your iPad on sea days because the ship's cellular charges are even more than the wifi charges. Be sure to put the iPad in airplane mode and then go back and turn on the wifi separately.

Thank you for the help on using Verizon. It is nice we have two US ports to make life easier!

I am still hoping to find out more about onboard wifi (especially for sea days) that costs less than the unlimited plan. Perhaps someone can help with this question?

It would be really nice if they would sell some sort of restricted social media package like Carnival and Norwegian offer. We don't have wifi included on our next cruise and the unlimited price is $224 for 7 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I saw on another thread that some, but not all, of the ships sell 250 minutes for $99 to be used over the length of the cruise. I could live with this; I will not buy an unlimited package as I don't want to spend much time on the internet, just have it available in an emergency. I like to make a quick (5 minutes) email check each morning, but I will do without if I have to buy an unlimited package. Anyone been on the Equinox recently and notice what packages were available. We sail in August on a 7 day Equinox cruise.

In the past we have purchased the 240 minute for $109 package with 10% discount when classic, 25% discount once we were elite. Don't see this on the website so don't know if they still offer these packages. We also use the internet a little each day to check email and at the end to print boarding passes. We also would have no real use for unlimited.

Thanks. I certainly hope this is offered on board. I was frustrated that there was no alternative package on the website. Sounds like we have similar need for internet access. I really don't want to spend my days "on line" when I can be enjoying the ship.