communicating on board using phones- going on Adventure this weekend

We used texting on Independence earlier this month. We had 4 of us with the internet package and used Verizon Messages+ which does WiFi texting. We were in airplane mode with WiFi turned on. Mostly it worked well - biggest problem was that the ship WiFi would get dropped and NOT auto connect. This usually happened when we were moving about the ship - mostly going up/down between floors. If you didn't think to check that you were still connected you would miss texts the others were sending. It was an annoyance more than a show-stopper.

Generally, if you stay in one place the connection was fine - all night in the cabin it would stay connected or throughout dinner, but as soon as we started moving about we would lose it and have to re-select the network. Most of the time it would just connect - sometimes it made us do the full login.

I should have mentioned that you would need to pay $7.95 per phone per cruise to use the voice and texting capability of the Royal IQ app on those ships that support the app.

Where can you purchase the texting capability ? I'll be on the Anthem next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Where can you purchase the texting capability ? I'll be on the Anthem next week.

You can download the Royal IQ app now. Once onboard, you connect to the ship's wireless and you will be prompted with the options, including the texting capability. Your ship account will be charged.

You can download the Royal IQ app now. Once onboard, you connect to the ship's wireless and you will be prompted with the options, including the texting capability. Your ship account will be charged.

Thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums