Deposit refund??

My final payment is due the end of August - but if I need to cancel my cruise before final payment, do I get my deposit back? I booked directly thru RCCL online. I know I could probably research this question but I am on my phone and it is hard to search so thought I would just post a quick question in case someone knows the answer. I haven't called RCCL yet since I am at work. Just curious if I would need to transfer my deposit to a future cruise or just ask for the refund, if possible?

thanks

My final payment is due the end of August - but if I need to cancel my cruise before final payment, do I get my deposit back? I booked directly thru RCCL online. I know I could probably research this question but I am on my phone and it is hard to search so thought I would just post a quick question in case someone knows the answer. I haven't called RCCL yet since I am at work. Just curious if I would need to transfer my deposit to a future cruise or just ask for the refund, if possible?

thanks

Yes, if you made your booking before July 1, you would receive a full refund of your deposit if you cancel before final payment date.

I booked our October 2017 transatlantic back in May of 2016. Final payment is due this August. Today, out of the blue, I received an updated invoice from RCCL via email. Having made no changes to my reservation, I compared today's invoice to my previous invoice. The only change was that today's invoice states that my deposit is nonrefundable and that there is a $100 fee per person for ship or sail date changes.

I booked our October 2017 transatlantic back in May of 2016. Final payment is due this August. Today, out of the blue, I received an updated invoice from RCCL via email. Having made no changes to my reservation, I compared today's invoice to my previous invoice. The only change was that today's invoice states that my deposit is nonrefundable and that there is a $100 fee per person for ship or sail date changes.

If you are sailing in a suite, that may have been an automatically generated comment. On July 1st, they made suite deposits non-refundable. That said, since you booked before they did this, you should still be able to call and get a refund.

If you are sailing in a suite, that may have been an automatically generated comment. On July 1st, they made suite deposits non-refundable. That said, since you booked before they did this, you should still be able to call and get a refund.

Not a suite, just a regular balcony. Not too concerned about it since final payment is due in a couple weeks anyway.