NCL Norwegian Spirit Oct 22,- Nov 2, 22017 RT Italy-Greek Islands-Malta

Mike NYC

Hi Sailors,

Anyone else on Board, Welcome Aboard! I've been searching for this thread but it never was made so I just created it.

NCL Norwegian Spirit October 22,- Nov 2, 2017

12 Day/11 nights departing RT Civitavecchia, Italy

Date Port Arrive Depart

01 Sunday, October 22 Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy 5:00pm

02 Monday, October 23 At Sea

03 Tuesday, October 24 Crete (Heraklion), Greece 1:00pm 8:00pm

04 Wednesday, October 25 Rhodes, Greece 9:00am 5:00pm

05 Thursday, October 26 Athens (Piraeus), Greece 9:00am 7:00pm

06 Friday, October 27 Mykonos, Greece 8:00am 5:00am

07 Saturday, October 28 Santorini, Greece 8:00am 5:00pm

08 Sunday, October 29 At Sea

09 Monday, October 30 Valletta, Malta 8:00am 5:00pm

10 Tuesday, October 31 Messina, Sicily, Italy 8:00am 6:00pm

11 Wednesday, November 1 Naples (Capri), Italy 7:00am 7:00pm

12 Thursday, November 2 Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy 6:00am

• 4 weeks later...

Airline to Rome Italy from San Juan -JFK- Rome tickets were gotten, flying time almost 15 hours with almost 4 hour layover in NYC. We will spend only a day at the port before getting on the ship. Plans to begin a week earlier in Venice, work our way to the Ship did not work out. As of now Meeting friends visiting Rome when we get back before boarding the Cross Atlantic Cruise back to San Juan.

Annie will be doing Independent tours I will not. Plan on going to Pompeii on the train, the Greek Islands will also be done independently, been there before. Athens may take a bus from Port , easier then getting on the train, did it before or go to the Temple of Poseidon by train. Malta will most likely go to Medina by bus, Annie will be doing a tour. May do a tour in Sicily, or stay in town. Went ona tour one last year that was amazing to the Volcano in the morning, lunch at a vineyard with assorted wines to taste a vineyard garden tour and taking a slow ride along the coast which was beautiful, an amazing journey and a stop in a small town Taramis.

• 1 month later...
Hurricane Irma has left me with Np Power, no electricity, No Phone, No Internet for the last 13 days. Have Water and Cellphone THANK GOD!

Mike - Happy to hear that you are okay, sorry for the challenges you face currently.

Will this affect your being able to get out? I trust not.

bon voyage

FAJARDO, Puerto Rico......

After Hurricane Irma passed by......13 days POWERLESS..... at 3 pm this afternoon. POWER was turned back on!

Just got electricity, phone working (BUT THE WIRELESS PHONES NEED A CHARGE) Cable, INTERNET on & off, almost 2 hours off! Still on & off!

Did 2 loads of Laundry, Cleaned the refrigerator, filled more bottles of water to put in the freezer to make ice, just in case! Hope Hurricane Maria goes away............

But the reality it's heading our way, Hurricane Maria is now a category 5 with winds over 160 MPH, God Help anything crossing it's path! It has picked up power and speed and may reach Puerto Rico Wednesday night, sooner than expected!

Thank you Bo1953 for your note, Yes I go plan to be there!

I WILL SURVIVE! Otherwise I won't make the 2 cruise I've booked!