Solstice - Alaska - Unlimited Photos Worth it?

amylovestocruise

Hello! Excited to head to Alaska in August on the Solstice for my honeymoon.... was curious to hear opinions as to whether the $200 unlimited digital photos (advance purchase) is worth it? Were there ample photo opps considering the number of port visits?

Thank you! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts...

You can have them take as many pictures as you want .... and they will be in every port when you get off the ship as well ... so, yes, plenty of opportunities will present themselves. They will also take photos of you all dressed for dinner, before and in the dining room.

Plus, Alaska has some absolutely beautiful scenery -- and the photographers will also be out on the decks when you are at the glacier and sail away events. You can get some great pictures of the two of you with some of that awesome scenery in the background.

The price of a single photo is like $25, so $200 for all of them is a great bargain!! And, for your honeymoon, no better way to capture all those memories!

Hello! Excited to head to Alaska in August on the Solstice for my honeymoon.... was curious to hear opinions as to whether the $200 unlimited digital photos (advance purchase) is worth it? Were there ample photo opps considering the number of port visits?

Thank you! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts...

Absolutely, especially since it's your honeymoon! Definitely go for it.

You can have unlimited number of pictures taken and get all the print copies that they make.

On the last cruise I was on, I saw a couple take over 100 prints off the ship with them - for $2/photo - well worth it.

Just make sure to take advantage of the opportunities to have your photos taken.

One warning about the package. If you take a group photo with over 12 people in it, you will have to buy those photos separately. It is hard to believe that after spending so much on a package, that you can't get every photo taken. There were some unhappy people on our cruise that had large groups. For our large group, who didn't have a package, they didn't even have the photo showing on the digital display stations.