Inventory Changeover?

dmk

I love shopping in the boutiques on board. I have been cruising for about 6 years. I have not seen to much change over of selections in the boutiques. A bit disappointing since I love to shop.

The inch of gold, rings, watches, costume jewellery, clothing etc. seem to be the same choices eachcruise, no matter which cruise.

Our last cruise was in March 2005. I wonder if some recent cruisers can tell me if they've seen new items to purchase. If so, what were they

Please say yes.

"Born to Shop"

On our Scandinavian/Russia cruise ,several hours were set aside for a Russian Boutique.It was held up in Hemishere Lounge and they sold things like food, Vodka ,stacking dolls,Decorated eggs..They even offered samples of the Vodka.Very huge turnout for this sale

On our Scandinavian/Russia cruise ,several hours were set aside for a Russian Boutique.It was held up in Hemishere Lounge and they sold things like food, Vodka ,stacking dolls,Decorated eggs..They even offered samples of the Vodka.Very huge turnout for this sale

Were they the same stacking dolls that you would buy in Russia or ones make for the ship?

On our Med. Cruise they had Venetian glass and Roman Glass jewelry.
There seems to be some rotation of the stock in the center area outside the shops. We've seen everything from painted Russian eggs to amber to ...

That seems to be the primary location of any significant change.

Was on Infinity to Hawaii in October and thought the same thing - same stuff I've seen on every cruise for the past few years. A few other passengers remarked the same thing. My daughter did a Carnival cruise in May and it seems they also have many of the same items - especially the jewelry and the $10 shop.

Would be nice if Celebrity decided to do a customer survey on the shops...

It is really a pity that there is not much changeover or variety in stock. Celebrity could make much more from people like me. I love to shop and on a cruise I am a captive audience.:D

SS Cruise Lady There were so many different varieties,also cloth dolls and Porcelin.I found the dolls to be less expensive at the flea Market and street vendors sold 5 small dolls for 10$.Great gift idea to bring a souvenir back to co workers.

Archived