Star Versailles DR mobility accessibility?

cpcanuck

I've been scanning numerous reviews and threads. In one review the writer suggested that the only access to Versailles Dining Room was to get off elevator on deck six and then take stairs to enter restaurant. Is that true? No other way to access the main dining room other than by taking a flight of stairs? I find that hard to believe... Can anyone confirm or advise?

... access to Versailles Dining Room was to get off elevator on deck six and then take stairs to enter restaurant. Is that true? No other way to access the main dining room other than by taking a flight of stairs?
Short answer, not sure if that's true ...

Versailles MDR is typically reached by AFT stairs on Deck 7 (just like other Dawn, Jewel class ships like the Gem, etc.) along with the one of the 4 AFT elevators on Deck 7.

However, if I remember correctly, at least one of the 4 elevators go down one deck lower, avoiding the stairs or steps entirely - directly into the MDR area on level flooring (commonly used by passengers with accessible needs, at the end of their meal being common ... Most folks walk up the staircase, past the host/ess station.

It's more difficult to use going there for dinner, as you need to know which specific elevator will stop on that Deck, others are stopping one deck higher, and, you need to wait for it. Easier at the end of the meal services, for someone using a scooter, wheelchair or walker.

If you take a look at the Gem's deck plan - for floor 6, you can see 1 AFT elevator for the MDR.

Edited by mking8288

Short answer, not sure if that's true ...

Versailles MDR is typically reached by AFT stairs on Deck 7 (just like other Dawn, Jewel class ships like the Gem, etc.) along with the one of the 4 AFT elevators on Deck 7.

However, if I remember correctly, at least one of the 4 elevators go down one deck lower, avoiding the stairs or steps entirely - directly into the MDR area on level flooring (commonly used by passengers with accessible needs, at the end of their meal being common ... Most folks walk up the staircase, past the host/ess station.

It's more difficult to use going there for dinner, as you need to know which specific elevator will stop on that Deck, others are stopping one deck higher, and, you need to wait for it. Easier at the end of the meal services, for someone using a scooter, wheelchair or walker.

If you take a look at the Gem's deck plan - for floor 6, you can see 1 AFT elevator for the MDR.

That is helpful to know. Thank you for this information. It sounds like a bit of waiting and patience until we figure out which elevator takes us to the main level. After that we should be good to go.

It sounds like a bit of waiting and patience....

There's no need. If there's one member of your party who is able to pop down the stairs and speak to the host, he will advise how you can access the dining room. At this time, ask for the extension number for the phone on his podium so that you can call if from the phone next to the elevators if you're ever stuck up there.

If there isn't someone who can pop down, use the telephone next to the elevators to contact restaurant reservations, they will either give you the extension number for the hosts desk or call them for you. Again, when you talk to the host, get the number for the podium to make the rest of your dining trips easier.

Notify the Accessibility Department. My late husband walked with a cane and they had a card waiting in our cabin telling him how to access the elevator to the Versailles dining room. It was extremely easy. Here is the info from the NCL site as to how to contact them.

In order to make your cruise experience as enjoyable as possible and so that we can try to meet your specific needs, call 1-866-584-9756 (voice), fax (305) 468-2171, send an email to accessdesk@ncl.com or have your travel agent contact us.

I've been scanning numerous reviews and threads. In one review the writer suggested that the only access to Versailles Dining Room was to get off elevator on deck six and then take stairs to enter restaurant. Is that true? No other way to access the main dining room other than by taking a flight of stairs? I find that hard to believe... Can anyone confirm or advise?

Opposite the stairs to the restaurant, the middle elevator offers access to the lower deck just for access to the restaurant. We have often used it for my husband's mobility problems.

Thank you everyone for all the good information. I am travelling with someone who has mobility issues and uses a walker and wanted to be well prepared so that we can enjoy ourselves and not worry about the logistics of how to move around from deck to deck. I will be calling the Accessibility Desk. I didn't realize this was available to us!