First Time Cruiser

momrek06

My hubby and I are headed to the Western Caribbean on the Carnival Fascination. We already know our cabin Empress Deck but towards the REAR or AFT! Does anyone know if this location is okay? Also ANY ADVICE at all to First Timers? We are so NOVICE at this and need all the HELP we can get!!! Thanks momrek06:o

I took my first cruise last spring break and it was absolutely wonderful. We're going on our second this coming spring break.

We did the Western Caribbean too. My biggest disappointment was that we had to skip Grand Cayman due to rough seas. They (whoever they are) then switched the order of two other ports. I was very upset because I had spent a lot of time planning shore excursions which we couldn't do because of the changes. Fortunately there were no charges for the missed trips because the tour operators knew our ship wasn't in port. By the end of the week, though, I didn't care where we'd been, because everything else was so much fun.

Check out the discussion board for first time cruisers. You'll find lots of great advice there.

I can't comment on our cabin, we were in the basement!

I've never been on your ship, but did my first cruise on the Fantasy this past Feb. and have a 7 day cruise on the Glory booked for Next December. All I can tell you is just relax and enjoy it. Don't let the little things worry you and have way toooooo much fun!:D

You'll have a ball no matter where your cabin is! We like a cabin near elevators and with easy access to pool deck. We have had a few cruises when we didn't know where our cabin was til we got to the pier but it really made no difference. We had a fabulous time as I'm sure you will!

Archived