First Time Crusiers

momrek06

My hubby and I are headed to the Western Caribbean on the FASCINATION in January. We have our cabin located on the EMPRESS DECK towards the AFT or (rear). Does anyone know if that is a good location? Will we like that area of the SHIP? ALSO any advice at all for First Time Cruisers? We are so novice at this crusing but am told it is the BEST travel experience ever!! Any excursion tips as well. PLEASE ADVISE! PLEASE HELP! momrek06:o

:D The only thing bad about being a first time cruiser is that it won't be your last! Y'all will be hooked like the rest of us.:D

Empress Deck is good, but then no deck is undesirable. I've had forward and aft cabins, and they're about the same to me. I prefer having the far most forward cabin, although many think the motion is more noticeable.

Any tips or hints? Just go with the flow, and if any 'little thing' annoys you, shrug it off and enjoy your cruise. Don't dwell on the tiny little things that irritate folks. It's your vacation, and you should (and WILL) have a fantastic voyage!

About excursions - I have not booked one since my first cruise. It's much less expensive to go 'off on your own' when in ports. BUT - you'll find out lots of info on these boards. Since you're going on a Carnival ship, I'd suggest you go to the Carnival Board, and also to the Ports-of-Call Board - both here at Cruise Critic.

Anything specific, just ask (at the Carnival Board) for the most info. Go here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=215&page=1&sort=lastpost&order=&pp=25&daysprune=-1

I suggest that you go to the Ports of Call forums to research what others recommend for the ports at which you will be stopping. People on these boards are amazing! We have booked private excursions ever since I found this board, and I haven't been disappointed yet.

About your cabin: the only thing that I would think about is the location in proximity to where you will be going. We really like our cabin to be in the middle of the ship so it doesn't take so long to get places! Don't want to waste any time with a l-o-n-g walk to the cabin!

Check out the RCI forum to find the thread about tips. It is on the 2nd page right now. It is marvelous!

Have a wonderful cruise!

Archived