Gluten free on MSC

CruzanKris

I'm also interested. We've only recently found out that DH is gluten sensitive. It will be risotto but no pasta or pizza for him, something he's still coming to terms with.

It would already be great if MSC had gluten free bread.

Ive read somewhere that msc has a designated gluten free area in the buffet and also a gluten free area in the kitchens so that there is no contamination. Im traveling with my sister next year on seaview and she's also gluten free so hopefully someone else can confirm [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

MSC has a gluten-free menu and bread. On the Divina now and my daughters friend who is our guest has a gluten sensitivity. She can order from the special menu and then a separate waiter, maybe a head waiter or someone specifically assigned for dietary needs, takes her order and brings out her meal, separate from the rest of us so it is not mixed up. She's 17 and a picky eater so has mostly had the gluten-free pasta, which she liked, and grilled chicken and vegetables… I took a picture of the gluten-free menu the other night I will try to post it but I'm on the ship in San Juan right now so if I can't do it I will wait until I'm home! On a sidenote, she said she was pleased the other night when she went to the buffet and asked about gluten-free dish and the chef made her something special, I think it was grilled chicken but they were very accommodating! Only been to the buffet for breakfast and lunch but it seems that there are some gluten-free options although it would be best to ask…

Italy is very accommodating for those with celiac disease or gluten intolerance. In fact, the government offers monthly subsidies for those who need to eat gluten-free.

Both of our children have CD and had no problems eating on MSC or Costa. I would say that MSC's GF food is more mass-produced, whereas on Costa the chef made our son whatever he wanted in GF form.

I've mentioned this elsewhere: on MSC, my daughter's GF pasta once came out piping hot in some areas and frozen in others, a pretty clear indication that it had been microwaved. But, overall, both cruise lines really tried their best.

LPD

The gluten free bread on the Divination was like eating regular bread, the best we've had on any cruise line, and the pasta was good.

Also they will prepare a box lunch to take off the ship that is gluten free.

Dave

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• Like 1

[emoji1303] our 17 year old guest didn't complain either and or 17-year-old daughter, her friend, ordered the gluten-free pasta one night and enjoyed it (Pasta with bolognese sauce was not on the regular menu)