Departure time

Dorset Cruiser

From my experience, usually 4:30 or 5:00 p.m.

Specific voyages, including pier assignments, are here:

http://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/Live_Information/Shipping_Movements_and_Cruise_Ship_Schedule/Cruise_Ship_Schedule/

Thanks so much - we have a 4.30 pm departure - bit early, no time to visit Asda for wine and nibbles for cabin. Will have to bring it with us 😀

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Residing in the fortunate position of being able to view every cruise ship that leaves Southampton I would never advise setting a clock against a Queen Mary 2 4.30 pm departure.

I would suggest, that if visiting Asda for 'nibbles' and wine was a priority, then there would be plenty of time once having checked in and had a bite of lunch.

Residing in the fortunate position of being able to view every cruise ship that leaves Southampton I would never advise setting a clock against a Queen Mary 2 4.30 pm departure.

I would suggest, that if visiting Asda for 'nibbles' and wine was a priority, then there would be plenty of time once having checked in and had a bite of lunch.

Does she habitually leave later then? Not leaving Weymouth until 11.30am so we avoid the early rush so might not get there until just after 1.00pm. Think we will load up a rucsac with a couple of bottles of wine and a small bottle of gin and some tonic and our 'nibblies'. Presume we can take gin on? Will only be drinking this in our stateroom. Not big drinkers but we like a drink while getting ready for the evening, then we have a pre-dinner drink in one of the bars 😀

Does she habitually leave later then? Not leaving Weymouth until 11.30am so we avoid the early rush so might not get there until just after 1.00pm. Think we will load up a rucsac with a couple of bottles of wine and a small bottle of gin and some tonic and our 'nibblies'. Presume we can take gin on? Will only be drinking this in our stateroom. Not big drinkers but we like a drink while getting ready for the evening, then we have a pre-dinner drink in one of the bars 😀

On balance YES.

On the occasion before last when we departed Southampton my Daily programme tells me the Sailaway Party didn't start till 17.30.

On balance YES.

On the occasion before last when we departed Southampton my Daily programme tells me the Sailaway Party didn't start till 17.30.

She's definitely scheduled to leave at 4.30pm so we'll go by that. Just hope its fine and sunny - never had a nice sailaway from Soton.