When do they load shore excursions?

This is my first time cruising NCL and we're just over 100 days out and 4 of the ports still have 0 shore excursions. I'm definitely not used to this. Wanting to see what they offer in a couple of them before I book through an outside shore excursion provider. :(

I was expecting more to be added to mine at the 90 day mark but it came and went with nothing changing. I'm now at 75 and one of the ports still only has one excursion available, as it's been for the last year. As a planner, it's very frustrating!

I'd be interested in hearing what others have to say as well. I'm curious if excursions are added after the 90 days?

Excursions can be loaded up to a year in advance. They will sell out and be removed from the availability. But not all of them.

The cruise line does not make money if they don't sell cruises. And they are incentivized to offer them as early as possible.

I booked about a year out... They added 30 last month but only for St Thomas and St Martin. None of the other ports have had anything at all. I will call tomorrow and see if I'm missing something. I have two similar itinerary trips in November and they both have the same excursions up. :-\

We are a 160+ days from our cruise and I didn't expect any excursions to be listed. But last time I checked NCL website there was 34. Have 2 currently booked, including a Cabana for Harvest Caye. Now I check the website once a day for any additional excursions that may have been added.

There is no rule. Past experience is irrelevant.

On some cruises all the shore excursions are available over a year in advance. On others it can be a month or two. Sometimes they become available for some of the ports and not for others.

How new, rare or common a port is doesn't appear to make much difference. For example, they aren't available for next years Hawaii cruises at the moment (or at least they weren't when it was last discussed). In previous years, those excursions were apparently available over a year in advance.

The 90 day booking timeframe has nothing at all to do with shore excursions. If they do become available at that time then it is a coincidence.

It certainly does seem that for the past few months the shore excursions have been listed later than they usually would be. Recently there have been a number of posts on here each week asking this question, and from my experience they do seem to be later in listing them. Whether that is ongoing or just a blip we really don't know.

I also wouldn't bother phoning NCL to ask them when they will be listed. You may as well just write half a dozen possible (but conflicting) replies to your question, put them in a bowl and randomly pick one out. It will have the same effect.

Just keep checking. That is all you can do.