2 adults and 2 children. Cheaper with 2 staterooms than 1

We're sailing on the Grandeur of the Seas on Thursday and found that a junior suite was the best deal for the three of us -- myself, my wife, and my daughter. However, for our next cruise (possibly 2018) a two-bedroom suite is an even better deal! It seems like the further in advance you book the better. We're going to see what prices are like on the ship, though. I think I might get an even better deal booking onboard.

We're sailing on the Grandeur of the Seas on Thursday and found that a junior suite was the best deal for the three of us -- myself, my wife, and my daughter. However, for our next cruise (possibly 2018) a two-bedroom suite is an even better deal! It seems like the further in advance you book the better. We're going to see what prices are like on the ship, though. I think I might get an even better deal booking onboard.

There is a minimum number of people for booking a two-bedroom suite. It's not three. :)

Really? Even on Grandeur? Oh man! It let me get all the way up to where I pay the deposit, then I stopped. Thanks for the info :(

Sometimes they open up these cabins online for less people than the usual minimum number of people. I would call and see if this is the case.

Really? Even on Grandeur? Oh man! It let me get all the way up to where I pay the deposit, then I stopped. Thanks for the info :(

If the website is letting you book the stateroom, then RC must have lowered the minimum occupancy requirement.

We typically find this too when booking. Both of our last cruises were around $300 less for two cabins vs all of us in one. Our next cruise was very slightly more expensive (less than $100) but that extra space is definitely worth it.

Believe it or not, it is usually about the same price to book two balcony rooms with two people each than one four person balcony room. This has been the case for my family on freedom and oasis class ships.

The kids don't care about the balcony, so an inside cabin is fine.

Do you know the kids? Kids are not stamped out with a cookie cutter, you know. Kids have different likes and dislikes just like adults. Where do you come up with this stuff? :rolleyes: