Cruise Terminal from Hilton Riverside in New Orleans

Hello, we are cruising on the Norwegian Pearl out of New Orleans on January 7th. We are staying at the Hilton Riverside the night before. I read somewhere that the cruise terminal was connected to the hotel. Does anybody know about this and how far it might be? I am thinking if it's connected, and we don't have a lot of luggage, we would walk to the Pearl to embark. Thanks in advance for any information. :cool:

We are sailing from NOLA in March and are also staying at the Hilton Riverside. There's a threads about this hotel and getting to the cruise terminal in both the Gulf Coast Departures forum and the New Orleans forum. I asked about taking the Riverfront streetcar from the Hilton Riverside to the port and was told that it is only one stop away. Another poster said that you can bring your luggage without being a disruption to other passengers on the streetcar, too (I'm glad someone thought to ask that). So, if you don't want to walk, the streetcar at $1.25 would be less expensive than a cab.

Enjoy your trip!!

After you check in, take a walk through the RiverWalk Mall and you will find the cruise port at the other end. That should give you an idea of how it will be. Should be an easy walk with wheeled luggage. We always walk from the Harrah's Hotel which is probably close to the same distance.