NCL Jade or Crown Princess

Sweet Dreams

Looking at a New Years Eve Cruise and trying to decide which ship, any thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There are surely folks that would prefer Princess. And others that would prefer NCL. Which lines have you sailed what did you like vs not like?

Looking at a New Years Eve Cruise and trying to decide which ship, any thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

DH & I have cuised each once and liked both. If I were in your shoes, I'd pick the one that best fits your overall situation. For us the considerations are: price/perks, location, travel expenses, and ports of call (although, not necessarily in that order).

I prefer sea days to port days and the CP itinerary has 4 sea days vs. 2 for the Jade. Also, the CP goes to Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao which normally are part of itineraries that leave from San Juan, PR. So if you want to see those islands without flying to San Juan in the future, that's another reason to choose the Crown. The Jade hits some of the more typical Caribbean stops: Roatan, Belize, Costa Maya, Cozumel..... but does have Guatamala, which not a regular stop on many routes.

All other things being equal, for me, I would choose Princess every time. And especially for the itinerary in your case.

I know both cruise lines and exactly the asked ships:

Although we enjoyed NCL Jade (before the extensive refurb), liked her size, servie and food, I'd prefer Princess any way - why?

I know Corwn, Emerald and very similar Star Princess, and for me, the hardware of those ships is nearly perfect. Great layout, superb pool areas, really pleasureful decor, and for me, those ships are perfectly sized.

Service and food are among the best I've ever experienced among the US major cruise lines, you recognize that Princess is alittle more superior/premium than NCL.

You get some nice extras like petit fours in dining room, italian evening, lobster, sorbet @formal nights as intermezzo, and afternoon tea, just to mention a few things.

NCL offers a more standard cruise experience, without theme evenings @dinner, every evening is the same more or less.

And now that NCL has risen the prices significantly, IMHO there's many reasons to prefer Pricness. :)

NCL over Princess any day

I don't like sea days or formal nights. It's my vacation and I don't want to dress for dinner. Don't tell me to go the buffet...I want to sit and be served. And don't get me started on anytime dining or coffee cards on Princess.