Rhapsody Voom - worth it?

GE65

Read several posts that Rhapsody Voom is slow, but maybe it's only people with issues that complain?

Anybody used "Voom Surf" or "Surf & Stream" recently on Rhapsody and is it worth it? £88 for internet access for 1 device sounds expensive, we'd probably have to go for 4 device package for the family, so £200 for a 8 day cruise - don't want to spend that much or have to go to the bother of complaining on board if the wifi is poor anyway.

Thanks in advance.

I've done both. The O3B is a little bit more responsive, and data speeds more consistent to allow for video streaming. Without it, you can still stream video, BUT its not always consistent. I was on the Grandeur in February and I was able to stream once the video started playing (but there was a delay). Last week, when i was on the Granduer, I found the internet was not nearly as reliable as it was in February and nothing had changed with it. Streaming was hit or miss at all times of the day and night. Some days, I got no data whatsoever, coming out of the wi-fi. Video would stream fine for a bit, and then lag like crazy and sometimes, would just drop out. This did not happen in February for some reason.

Worth it would be up to you & what you need it for. Not sure why you would need it on 4 devices. We always get one and it is "worth it". One device just means you can only have one device at a time so you can take turns. For us it serves it's purpose, our kids can get a hold of us if they are not traveling with us through i-message, if there was a medical emergency with any family they can get a hold of us, & my husband has a job in which he needs to check his e-mail at least a couple times a day. For us it is worth it. However I can say without the O3b system if there is a choice of voom and voom & stream the additional money for the stream is not worth it, as you will not be able to stream. We've only tried to stream once (a football game) and could not through multiple different apps even though we paid the extra money for the stream.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you all for your replies, so Rhapsody doesn’t have the faster internet?

Think as suggested we may go for a single user and take it from there.

We can rely otherwise on the new European mobile data roaming deal (apart from Montenegro) and port wifi.

I am on Rhapsody now, in Greece. The internet has been frustrating to enraging. Worked pretty well the first day or so. Terrible when you're at sea. Forget streaming any TV. Music works ok, sometimes. Internet drops a lot. Logs you off after 2 hours. To check the internet, or Facebook or something it's ok. We paid $17.99 a day for two devices. I'd have to vote not worth it. Half the time is used my cell service. Never had any cell service issues in Venice, Croatia, Montenegro or Greece.