Carnival Hub $$

Heather1972

Yes, per phone per day. You need to purchase the base internet package

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

To use the chat function in the Hub app its $5 per device for the entire cruise. You do not need to purchase a plan.

We just returned from a week on the Breeze. IMO, the Hub app was great for checking schedules, your account balance, food and drink availability, etc. However, be aware that the chat feature may or may not always work. My group of 11 experienced very spotty service, and many of our messages didn't go through.

do you sign up for the $5 messaging onboard or can you do it prior to your cruise

On-board only. The only function within the Hub app that will work prior to your cruise is the "Cruise Countdown Clock." Once on-board and connected to the ship's wi-fi, the other features become available.

Messaging between passengers via the hub app is $5 per person - I could use it on my ipad and iphone as long as I was only logged in on one of them, and only under my folio login. My dh didn't get it since he doesn't carry a phone with him. If you want to send messages via fb messaging, that requires the social package. Our friend had it at $5 per day. She activated in on only a few of the days to keep in touch with her son back home.

We also have walkie talkies, but it was difficult to hear them ring in noisy areas of the ship. They do come in handy in port if others in your group are doing a different excursion and you want to meet up afterward.