Hub App

scoggins84

Hello- We will be on the Freedom Oct 14-21st. We have quite a large party and are wondering about using the Hub App for messaging and meet ups. Are there push notifications when someone sends you a message? Has anyone had any success using the Hub App with a group of 8 people?

I heard the chat works sporadically and am not sure I want to spend even $5.00. Any body have issues?.

We've used it on several cruises and we noticed that if we closed the app then we didn't get notified of incoming messages. We received the messages but we weren't notified about them. You literally have to open the app and click on the messages to see if you've got anything. But if you keep the app running, and it uses very little battery, then it's reallly good about notifying you right away (in my personal experiences.) Also, the app was updated recently and some users with the old app are having issues because it's the older version. I think if you update your app and keep it open and running it should be okay. We loved ours. But if yours isn't working right guest services will refund you. They've always treated us pretty fairly in situations like this.

We used it on a couple of occasions. Sometimes our friends didn't see our message until much later, but I don't know if it was because they closed the app or if it was a true transmission delay. Other messages seemed to go just as quick as a normal text message.