Vista family harbor pros/cons

AandBmom

Looking at booking family harbor interiors for our families. children range in ages 7-17.

Please let me know is it noisy b/c so many kids?

would older ones hate it or is it similar to other cruises?

Any other thoughts?

Looking at booking family harbor interiors for our families. children range in ages 7-17.

Any other thoughts?

We stayed in cabin 2458 (I think). No real noise issue with this area except some kids running up and down hallway which seems to happen on every floor. However we would not book family harbor again. We didn't use the lounge as much as we thought we would and it was basically a teen hangout by the end of the week. I loved the colors of the room and it was great having ice cream cones nearby but for the price we paid for FH deluxe ocean view, we could have booked two regular interiors and had more space.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Any other thoughts?

We sailed the Vista 10-day Mediterranean. Stayed in room 2489 in the Family Harbour.

PROS: Family Harbour lounge. The Lounge serves breakfast. Having breakfast in the lounge was by far the greatest perk. It isn't crowded, the food is similar to what is served in the buffet and it is right around the corner from your room. It also has the best ice cream on the ship. Great place for kids and parents traveling with younger ones.

CONS: Motor noise.

We did the Vista on its 4th cruise out of Barcelona in 2016. We did not have children and still booked the family area. I found it to be the very best experience at sea. We loved the option of the family room with breakfast and snacks provided all day. This eliminated our use of room service and was so much more user friendly. We had a cabin with 2 bathrooms, just like past Disney cruises. We had no noise issues, no issues whatsoever. Loved, loved, loved the area. Cute design. If you can book a room in the section, I would do so in a heart beat.

My parents (in their 60s) did the B2B on Vista in the FH area earlier this year and really enjoyed it. They loved the lounge, though apparently there were occasional mechanical difficulties with the doors. They compared it to the Studio Lounge on Norwegian ships, which is admittedly one of my favorite parts of the Studios. They said there weren't any more kids running the halls than normal, and the decor was neat and original. (Granted, they were talking to me, and I'm a big fan of nautical decor anyway, so it would certainly be mentioned.) If I hadn't booked a Havana interior for my own Vista cruise next year, I likely would have gone FH myself.

We had a Family Harbor Suite (Cabin #2421), which was about 3 doors down from the lounge.

Pros: Since it was our Mediterrainean Cruise, we enjoyed not having to go all the way up to Lido for breakfast evey morning before getting off the ship for our early morning excursions.

Even getting a snack in the afternoon and evening was very conveinent.

Cons: Our cabin was under the galley, which got very noisy most nights, which statrted around 2-3 in the morning till 6am. Dragging things across the floor, dropping pots & pans, sounds of slamming doors.

No real kids to speak of because it was mid September and in the Mediterainean.

We had a Family Harbor Suite (Cabin #2421), which was about 3 doors down from the lounge.

Pros: Since it was our Mediterrainean Cruise, we enjoyed not having to go all the way up to Lido for breakfast evey morning before getting off the ship for our early morning excursions.

Even getting a snack in the afternoon and evening was very conveinent.

Cons: Our cabin was under the galley, which got very noisy most nights, which statrted around 2-3 in the morning till 6am. Dragging things across the floor, dropping pots & pans, sounds of slamming doors.

No real kids to speak of because it was mid September and in the Mediterainean.

Agreed. We were in FH Suite 2410 and it was so loud. I am a light sleeper and it really impacted my cruise because I was exhausted all the time. The breakfast area was nice, but I would never book this room category again.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We did B2B Aug 16, we booked them a few months apart. We had an inside FH 2440 & OV FH. 2454

We used it for Juice & brews first thing in the morning & the odd snack. I didn't notice anymore noIse from kids here than anywhere I've stayed on ships.

I really like the layout, colours & second bathroom.

I've just booked the inaugural cruise on Horizon & booked FH OV.

We did B2B Aug 16, we booked them a few months apart. We had an inside FH 2440 & OV FH. 2454

We used it for Juice & brews first thing in the morning & the odd snack. I didn't notice anymore noIse from kids here than anywhere I've stayed on ships.

I really like the layout, colours & second bathroom.

I've just booked the inaugural cruise on Horizon & booked FH OV.

Thanks do you think that you liked the 2nd bathroom more than a balcony? Do you have any pictures

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks do you think that you liked the 2nd bathroom more than a balcony? Do you have any pictures

We've never had a balcony, but most probably not. A balcony is £500 more expensive than the OV on our next cruise, so it's a cost decision for us.

I do have pics but they are on my phone & I've no idea how to put them on here. Sorry.

We've never had a balcony, but most probably not. A balcony is £500 more expensive than the OV on our next cruise, so it's a cost decision for us.

I do have pics but they are on my phone & I've no idea how to put them on here. Sorry.

Ok thanks that helps we just wondering if a deluxe ocean view would fit us all there is 4 of us

Ok thanks that helps we just wondering if a deluxe ocean view would fit us all there is 4 of us

This is a picture of our family harbor deluxe ocean view. There were two hanging closets and one with shelves. We did ok with the space but could have booked two regular interiors for the price of deluxe ocean view and had a little more space. b92e20a24e2d44a97f740f72cc3cb4cf.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums