Help with Divina Cruise

spidybabe

Ok, so we are all booked. After 20 NCL cruises we are trying a new line. Got upgraded to a balcony (thanks MSC), Bella experience, and got status match to black card, and will have $400- OBC. How do you get the perks associated with the Black card? Are the speciality dinners booked prior to the cruise (as NCL does ) or do we book on board? And how? What if anything do we need to book prior to the cruise (we know about drink plans/vouchers)

Does MSC offer insurance?

We have a ton of questions, so any info will be wonderful. We know there will be differences, especially languages, but we are from NYC, so that will be normal for us.

TIA for any and all info.

Safe sailing

Sorry that I can't answer most questions - but I am totally jealous as to how you have $400 in OBC! Wow!

The Black card perks will come automatically.

I don't think that you CAN book dinners beforehand (If I am wrong, someone will certainly let me know).

and Congrats on the upgrade!

Everything is loaded onto your account so not much you have to do. You can only book restaurants once on board - you'll be able to call or sometimes go directly to the restaurant you want if there is staff there. Just be aware that, in my opinion, the specialty restaurants are not as good as on other cruiselines. We've only been on the Divina (going for the 4th time tomorrow) and we think the best is the Galaxy. The picture you'll get as being at the black level is one that must be taken on a certain night - you don't just get a choice of any picture you take during the cruise. We were only at the black level on our last cruise but what they did was take the picture and put a border around it indicating the name of the ship and the sailing date.

Nothing to do with black status but we usually book our internet ahead of time but that's just for our convenience. Not sure about insurance since we've never gotten it on our Caribbean cruises and on our grand voyage, we used our TA.

I'm sure you will enjoy MSC - they have the best entertainment around! Just keep an open mind and know that they may do things a little differently than what you are used to. For some reason, folks often say they don't like MSC for that reason which I don't understand since each cruiseline does something different than another.

Marianne

Ok, so we are all booked. After 20 NCL cruises we are trying a new line. Got upgraded to a balcony (thanks MSC), Bella experience, and got status match to black card, and will have $400- OBC. How do you get the perks associated with the Black card? Are the speciality dinners booked prior to the cruise (as NCL does ) or do we book on board? And how? What if anything do we need to book prior to the cruise (we know about drink plans/vouchers)

Does MSC offer insurance?

We have a ton of questions, so any info will be wonderful. We know there will be differences, especially languages, but we are from NYC, so that will be normal for us.

TIA for any and all info.

Safe sailing

The specialty dinners are booked when you board and don't worry they are never busy. Enjoy the beautiful ship and the great entertainment.