Couple of questions! booked on Freedom in October & havent cruised in ages

1. can we bring a small fan with us? do we put It in carry on or checked luggage?

2. wine - is it 2 (750ml) bottles allowed to be carried on PER PERSON? (so 2 people, would be 4 bottles)?

3. can we bring an extention cord (for additional plug in's)? in carry on?

any other tips anyone can provide is greatly appreciated!!!

mucho thanks!!!

1. can we bring a small fan with us? do we put It in carry on or checked luggage?yes you can

2. wine - is it 2 (750ml) bottles allowed to be carried on PER PERSON? (so 2 people, would be 4 bottles)? 1 750 ml pp

3. can we bring an extention cord (for additional plug in's)? in carry on? yes...no surge protectors as they will be confiscated

any other tips anyone can provide is greatly appreciated!!!

mucho thanks!!!

Have a great cruise!

1. Yes, can bring a small fan, It must be in good condition or it will be confiscated. I would recommend putting it in your carry-on, but I don't believe that it is mandatory that you do so.

2. Wine is 1 750ml bottle per person over 21 years of age. This must be in your carry-on.

3. You can bring an extension cord/power strip as long as it is in good condition and does not have a surge protector.

Have a great cruise!

The reason I'd recommend putting the fan in your carry-on bag is just in case there's a problem with the security screeners. If they have an issue with it right there in the terminal while you're with your bag, at least you can find out what that issue is and maybe talk them into letting you keep it. If it's in your checked luggage and they confiscate it for some reason, you won't know it until they notify you they took it. As others have said, as long as it's in good condition, there shouldn't be a problem. They want to make sure no one's coming on with old, worn out electrical gadgets that could possibly be a fire risk. That goes for power strips and/or extension cords, too. They should also be in good condition.

A lot of people like a power strip (cannot be surge protected), but I prefer a long extension cord (6-8 ft.) plus a 3-way outlet adapter. The long cord lets me move the fan around to just about anywhere in the cabin. I put it next to the bed at night for both the breeze and white noise. If the bathroom is still hot & steamy from a shower, my wife can stretch the fan in there to cool it off while she gets ready. Or she can stretch the cord to the bathroom to use her curling iron in the bathroom mirror, which she prefers, instead of at the mirror by the bed. The 3-way adapter gives us plenty of plugs for charging our devices & whatnot.

As far as the wine goes, it wouldn't hurt to bring your own corkscrew. I've heard that your steward can bring you one, but we like to be prepared. If you take your own bottle to dinner with you, you'll be charged a $15 corkage fee. Some waiters give passengers a break on this fee, but just be aware that the policy is in place so there's no surprise charges. To avoid this, you can simply take a glass of your own wine to dinner and it won't cost you.

So many tips, so little time. ;) Do a search on this forum, there's countless threads with great tips. And do a Google search for cruise tips. I was going to recommend a recent thread where cruisers posted some of their favorite travel gadgets and doodads from Amazon, but it appears to have been deleted. :(

. I was going to recommend a recent thread where cruisers posted some of their favorite travel gadgets and doodads from Amazon, but it appears to have been deleted. :(

Why would that post be deleted? I subscribed to it hoping to go back through it when I got a chance :(

Fans in your carry on OR checked luggage IS allowed. On the Carnival website, it says:

• Electrical devices such as fans, power strips, multi plug box outlets/adaptors, and extension cords (without surge protectors) are allowed on board when used with proper caution. However, if such devices are determined to pose a hazard, they will be removed and returned the last day of the cruise prior to debark.

FYI, I always print out this page from the Carnival website in case anyone questions me on it :)

Why would that post be deleted? I subscribed to it hoping to go back through it when I got a chance :(
I don't know, but it's gone. I realized it was missing from my subscribed threads when I was going to link to it in my post above. So I did a forum search and it doesn't appear there either. I know they don't want people linking to fb, but I guess they don't want links to Amazon either? :confused: That's the only thing I can think of. Personally, I think that's just wrong. It's a cruise forum and we should be allowed to share some of our favorite travel items.

We have always put our fans in our checked luggage, and we have never had a problem. Have a wonderful cruise!
Fans in your carry on OR checked luggage IS allowed. On the Carnival website, it says:

• Electrical devices such as fans, power strips, multi plug box outlets/adaptors, and extension cords (without surge protectors) are allowed on board when used with proper caution. However, if such devices are determined to pose a hazard, they will be removed and returned the last day of the cruise prior to debark.

FYI, I always print out this page from the Carnival website in case anyone questions me on it :)

I get it, it shouldn't be a problem in checked luggage. And I've only ever seen one instance of someone saying their fan was confiscated. They didn't say why or if they even knew why it was, they just got to their cabin to find the letter informing them of a confiscation. I'd rather have it in my carry-on and be there to defend having it instead of finding the letter after it was confiscated. I know I'm not bringing on anything that isn't allowed, so if the terminal agents take issue with something, I'd just rather resolve it right then & there so it doesn't take up any more of my time on board. Just my preference.