MDR Wine by the glass pricing

Shadabu

All - Great reading for someone who has not yet sailed Holland American.

Princess allows unlimited number of bottles with the first two bottles (per couple) corkage free, then $15 each afterward for consumption in the cabin or MDR.

Question - Does Holland American limit the number of carry on wine bottles? We like specific wines that we have not found on cruise lines we've sailed - one reason we sail Princess is their wine boarding policy.

With respect to single glasses of wine, the math is roughly a wash if you enjoy the standard wine list (buy on board vs bring aboard), at least my experience.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

All - Great reading for someone who has not yet sailed Holland American.

Princess allows unlimited number of bottles with the first two bottles (per couple) corkage free, then $15 each afterward for consumption in the cabin or MDR.

Question - Does Holland American limit the number of carry on wine bottles? We like specific wines that we have not found on cruise lines we've sailed - one reason we sail Princess is their wine boarding policy.

With respect to single glasses of wine, the math is roughly a wash if you enjoy the standard wine list (buy on board vs bring aboard), at least my experience.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

You can take as much as you can carry. You don't pay corkage on one bottle per adult passenger provided you consume it in your stateroom.

Now that we are 3* (yay), I figured out the cheap wine we drink at home (not 2-buck chuck, but under $10 {!}) when it's just us, plus corkage, is +/- break-even for the Navigator's packages with Mariner discount... and a lot less hassle even with a six-pk carrier. BUT we just got SBP in the E4 for next year's Alaska trip, so the above list are suddenly pertinent and copied!

Now that we are 3* (yay), I figured out the cheap wine we drink at home (not 2-buck chuck, but under $10 {!}) when it's just us, plus corkage, is +/- break-even for the Navigator's packages with Mariner discount... and a lot less hassle even with a six-pk carrier. BUT we just got SBP in the E4 for next year's Alaska trip, so the above list are suddenly pertinent and copied!

My friend and I each bought botttlse of the wine each of us likes. We drank from that each evening in MDR bu t when I ordered a glass, for some reason in mDR. maybe my bottle was rapidly getting to empty? It cost $9 per glass fofr f pinot grigio............ I am 5 * and have no idea ifc here was any mariner discouunt on it.

Edited by sail7seas

Sail:

The 3* discount is 25% off and 4*/5* is 50% off WINE PACKAGES (Navigator or Admiral, 3/5/or/7 bottle packages), but EXCLUDES wine & beverage gift cards, Cellar Master pkgs, single bottles, and WINE-BY-THE-GLASS. So, no, your glass or even a bottle bought in the dining room would not be discountable, but if you ordered three bottles (from the list for either Navigator or Admiral level), you could have one of them served to you in the dining room, or even I believe in the Lido (how they do this is amazing to me).