Anyone recently on Freedom?

pearose

I was wondering, for anyone recently on the Freedom. Was the Seafood shack replaced by the free BBQ place? And is it located all the way aft above the buffet? TIA!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Yes the old seafood place above the Lido restaurant has been replaced with a free barbecue restaurant. The new seafood place is by the back pool. You get to pay for lobster rolls, crab claws etc and it is not cheap.

Yes the old seafood place above the Lido restaurant has been replaced with a free barbecue restaurant. The new seafood place is by the back pool. You get to pay for lobster rolls, crab claws etc and it is not cheap.[/quote]

THIS !

We actually liked the new BBQ place and ate there twice at lunch.

The Old Fish n Chips was usually greasy and not that many people...so for all the Boohoo about it leaving really surprises me.

The NEW Fish place is out by back pool and is never busy from what we saw. Everything is cooked to order, and we did see some empty plates on tables so maybe dinner time it gets more customers. Didn't think the prices were that high compared to any land-based fish restaurant.

One of the Omelette station windows turns into a sushi place at lunchtime-dinner. It is really good. We did try it. Not cheap but then sushi is not cheap. People were using it every time we went by. They make everything to order there also..hope they keep this and add it to all the ships as it was something nice as an afternoon snack to share (big portiions!).

my photos:

2017May_FreedomSea992-L.jpg

2017May_FreedomSea991-L.jpg

2017May_FreedomSea995-L.jpg

and the BBQ:

2017May_Freedom895-L.jpg

robin

That all sounds fantastic! They have both! We will probably eat BBQ a lot, but my daughter has been bugging me forever to try Sushi, and I see on the menu they have California rolls, so that's on my bucket list. One last question though for those that have been there recently. We have a couple ppl in our group going with limited mobility. And I don't remember on the Magic when we went up to the Italian place, if there was an elevator that goes up there. We walked up the stairs, but if there is no elevator to get to the BBQ place, 2 of our party won't be able to make it. So if anyone can answer that question too I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

That all sounds fantastic! They have both! We will probably eat BBQ a lot, but my daughter has been bugging me forever to try Sushi, and I see on the menu they have California rolls, so that's on my bucket list. One last question though for those that have been there recently. We have a couple ppl in our group going with limited mobility. And I don't remember on the Magic when we went up to the Italian place, if there was an elevator that goes up there. We walked up the stairs, but if there is no elevator to get to the BBQ place, 2 of our party won't be able to make it. So if anyone can answer that question too I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

I don't recall seeing an elevator there, but I wasn't looking for one so can't be positive.

Elevators....yes, the BBQ is on Deck 10 right above the Buffet. No elevator right there, but if you take any of the others up to 10, then you walk around the outside deck until you come to that dining area. Closest is the ones right between the pool and buffet area. It comes up outside the Steakhouse, just go out the doors to the deck and head towards the back. You will see the door.