Special Dinner Nights?

bb2

Hi there,

My husband and I are NCL newbies, but not new to cruising. We will be on the 10 night Caribbean Jade in November. We have 4 nights of specialty dining and would like to prebook our dinners. I understand NCL has "Freestyle" dining and a relaxed dress code, but does that also mean that there are no special dinner menu nights?

If "Special Menu" nights are still a thing, would anyone know what nights these would be on a 10 night cruise.

Thank you for your input... bb2

Hi there,

My husband and I are NCL newbies, but not new to cruising. We will be on the 10 night Caribbean Jade in November. We have 4 nights of specialty dining and would like to prebook our dinners. I understand NCL has "Freestyle" dining and a relaxed dress code, but does that also mean that there are no special dinner menu nights?

If "Special Menu" nights are still a thing, would anyone know what nights these would be on a 10 night cruise.

Thank you for your input... bb2

What kind of special dinner nights are you talking about? Since there's no longer a lobster night I can't think of any special menu in MDR.

Sometimes OSheehans has a special entree but no way to know ahead of time if/when/what that would be.

Thank you for your quick reply -- I had heard that there was no more lobster:( . Do they still do filet, prime rib or a rack of lamb in the MDR, or is that what specialty dining is about on NCL so any night can be a special dinner?

Thank you for your quick reply -- I had heard that there was no more lobster:( . Do they still do filet, prime rib or a rack of lamb in the MDR, or is that what specialty dining is about on NCL so any night can be a special dinner?

We've had prime rib in OSheehans but that is rarely offered. I think that filet and rack of lamb are only in the Specialty restaurants -- a la carte charge if you don't have a Specialty Dining Package.

Hi there,

I think for "special dinner nights" apart from formal nights many cruise lines feature, you mean something like Baked Alaskan Parade, "American Dinner" or "Italian Dinner".

NCL does not have such theme nights, every dinner evening is the same more or less.

Since with NCL you have the Freestly dining, as you've written correctly, it's very difficult to plan such theme nights. Mostly, those theme nights are based on fixed seatings.

@All:

I know NCL does not offer lobster anymore. But Prime Rib and Rack of Lamb are also gone from the menu?? On our 16-night-TA, lamb and Prime-Rib were still offered.

There was Filet Mignon and Shrimp Cocktail one night in the Buffet on our June cruise.:confused:

No Captain's dinner if that is what you are thinking. However they do have theme barbeques on deck during the daysometimes which are fantastic. The last sea day on our Panama Canal cruise there was a German buffet that was the best meal of the cruise.In addition to roasting a whole pig they had other German dishes, but the black forest cake was the best.