118 days and counting til Epic cruise...questions

Goofymom3

okay....I have been reading tons of posts trying to find things before I ask the questions but have had no luck, so here goes...

The Cirque show...can you reserve seats that don't include a meal?

If I book a few specialty dinners, like Cagney, do we order whatever we like off the menu for the one set price they charge or are there additional charges?

Does H2O require admission or is it open seating for all adults?

I have reserved early embarkation time, is this good or bad? I was thinking we could get onboard and get a little acquainted with the ship. Having only done a four day cruise previously this is sort of our first cruise. I hear they are very different.

We have adult beverage for two of us, and I know bottled water is not included, can I get a cup of ice water at the bars vs bottled with this plan.?

Thanks ahead of time to those who will respond. This all sounds a bit overwhelming to me...we are booking tours with outside vendors and I worry about getting of the ship in time...yikes! The

Cirque is with a meal only. I learned only recently there is a vegetarian option. Although it must be ordered in advance. Wish I had known in Feb as I am catholic (no meat on Friday in Lent) and I do not like shrimp.

I love early embarkation for the same reasons as you. I like to get settled, explore and enjoy sailaway.

Any bartended will (should) provide ice water. With or without the drink plan.

Enjoy the Epic.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

okay....I have been reading tons of posts trying to find things before I ask the questions but have had no luck, so here goes...

The Cirque show...can you reserve seats that don't include a meal? No, you get a meal even if you don't eat it. You can still eat in the MDR or other restaurant if you don't care for the meal at the show, but you will still be paying for it.

If I book a few specialty dinners, like Cagney, do we order whatever we like off the menu for the one set price they charge or are there additional charges? It is a la carte, you are charged for each item you eat.

Does H2O require admission or is it open seating for all adults? No admission, open all day til about 6 pm for adults only. Pool, bar and snack bar are in there.

I have reserved early embarkation time, is this good or bad? I was thinking we could get onboard and get a little acquainted with the ship. Having only done a four day cruise previously this is sort of our first cruise. I hear they are very different. Boarding usually begins about 11:30 -- if you are at the port early you will get a boarding group number and they will call your number.

We have adult beverage for two of us, and I know bottled water is not included, can I get a cup of ice water at the bars vs bottled with this plan.? You can get a glass of ice water from any bar, in the buffet any restaurant for no charge. The tap water is fine to drink, you can even bring your own flask and fill it if you want to keep hydrated.

Thanks ahead of time to those who will respond. This all sounds a bit overwhelming to me...we are booking tours with outside vendors and I worry about getting of the ship in time...yikes! The

Don't stress You'll have a good time. Enjoy your cruise.

Was on the Epic 4 weeks ago in the Med. Dont know too much about the Ice Water as i enjoyed my UBP. 😉 They had self service Ice Water Stations at every outside Bar and also Coffee, Tea and Juice self Service at the Great Outdoors.

H20 is just open to enjoy.

Didnt take specialty dinner plan but fellow cruisers told me they ordered what they liked. Only limitation is one entree per person, starters and dessert can be multiples. If you want to have more than one entree per person in the same dinner, you have to pay extra.

Enjoy and have a great time!

The Cirque show...can you reserve seats that don't include a meal?

All reservations come with a meal. You are not obligated to eat it, but there is no "cheaper" ticket without a meal. At least one member of your party should show up at least 1 hour before show time and stand in line. All members of your party must be in line 30 minutes before show time when the doors open. The hostess seats you front to back in the theater, so showing up at least 1 hour early will get you better seats. Havens guests are seated before general seating through a side stage door, so even if you are the first person in line, there will be people in the theater before you. Dinner starts about 15 minutes before show time.

If I book a few specialty dinners, like Cagney, do we order whatever we like off the menu for the one set price they charge or are there additional charges?

Cagneys, Le Bistro, La Cucina, and Wasabi sushi are a la carte. You order and pay for each item (just like a restaurant back home). Monderno and Teppanyaki are fixed price, eat all you want (just like a Brazilian BBQ and Japanese Steak House back home).

Does H2O require admission or is it open seating for all adults?

Adults only during the day. No admission. No tickets. At night, it is open to all guests for themed parties and movies.

I have reserved early embarkation time, is this good or bad? I was thinking we could get onboard and get a little acquainted with the ship. Having only done a four day cruise previously this is sort of our first cruise. I hear they are very different.

You have reserved a time to arrive at the port. Yes, early is good. Beat the crowds. We normally show up around 10:15. General boarding start around 11:30. The Buffet is open at 11:30. The Main Dining Room is open at noon. O'Shehans is open at 11:30 for lunch. Then go explore.

We have adult beverage for two of us, and I know bottled water is not included, can I get a cup of ice water at the bars vs bottled with this plan.?

You can get a cup of water at any bar with or with out a a plan. Also any restaurant, or the buffet. And remember, you don't have to have alcohol in every drink. Soft drinks are available. Virgin frozen drinks (strawberry, pinna, mango, etc.) are available.

We have sailed on the Epic 7 times (2 times in the Med, 4 times in the Caribbean, once on an Iberian Peninsula trip).

• 3 weeks later...
Hi do u have to book early embarkation or can you just turn up early and get on early? Haven't cruised NCL before.

It depends on the port, but most have been reporting that the check-in people aren't adhering to the check-in times you sign up for. So show up early and hopefully you'll be on the ship by 11:30 am and not standing outside the terminal building waiting to get in.