Ocean Manor Beach Hotel in Ft Lauderdale

Nettiejeanne

The hotel was featured on Hotel Impossible a few years ago. Then after the initial airing, there was a follow up story, and the hotel was still poorly managed.

Other than that, the Bamboo Tiki Bar is a good place for drinks and beach / bar food ... burgers, etc.

Haven't stayed there myself, but have heard about it from family members who did stay there a few years ago. I personally would not stay there. It was so bad they still talk about it!

Sent from my SM-T800 using Forums mobile app

Hmmmm, do you know what was bad about it? We were so excited as it's right on the beach!

The hotel was featured on Hotel Impossible a few years ago. Then after the initial airing, there was a follow up story, and the hotel was still poorly managed.

Other than that, the Bamboo Tiki Bar is a good place for drinks and beach / bar food ... burgers, etc.

So, I'm wondering what "Poorly managed" means. It's for one night and we basically need a clean place to sleep and shower. I guess I'd better check out some recent reviews. Thanks for letting me know.

So, I'm wondering what "Poorly managed" means. It's for one night and we basically need a clean place to sleep and shower. I guess I'd better check out some recent reviews. Thanks for letting me know.

Mainly it was housekeeping issues ... dirty floors, linens, etc., as well as poor customer service at the front desk.

Check out other beachfront properties ... Sun Tower Hotel & Suites, Pelican Grand, and also look at Lauderdale by the Sea; there are a number of mom and pop beachfront properties, within walking distance to many restaurants.

We stayed several years ago. Check in time was 3 pm. We sat in the lobby until 5 pm and finally was able to get into our room. The staff completely ignored us. Once in the room it was very dirty. The door looked like it had been kicked in several times. The balcony overlook the dumpster and boy did it stink. Slept with our clothes on. Left at 4 am. was happy to get out of that hotel. Pictures on the internet looked great, but no such room exists in this hotel.

There is lot better hotels to stay at that are on the Beach...Ocean Manor is not one of them. I would say a lot of the reviews on Trip Advisor are spot on and I am very skeptical of reviews that nitpick a hotel to death, but in this case they are spot on.