still no popcorn or beer nuts/salty mix at the bars? thats something i REALLY missed

John Heald said Carnival will not do this. Says it is a health issue. I agree. Do you know where everyone has had their hands. Not in my food.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This excuse is pathetic just like many of the other excuses John and Carnival come up with for why they won't do the simplest things to improve the cruising experience.

Individual bowls are a thing and work perfectly on the other cruise lines that do it. No one needs to share anything with strangers.

But alcohol kills germs:D. I prefer the system where when the customer sits down they get their own small bowl of munchies.

I can picture situations where a person is sitting at the bar and has a drink and his personal bowl of nuts. Another person walks up to the bar to get a drink. That person sees the bowl of nuts and reaches over and grabs a handful. Gets his drink, grabs another handful, and then walks away. The person at the bar complains that his nuts were touched by someone else. The bartender takes the bowl of nuts, dumps them out and gets a new bowl of nuts for the the guy. Two minutes later, another person walks up and orders a drink. While he is waiting, he grabs the other guy's nuts again. When he gets his drink, he grabs the bowl sitting on the bar and walks away with it. While walking away, he spills half of the nuts he took out of the bowl on to the floor and steps on them. Multiply this by the number of minutes in a day, and you have a large number of wasted nuts just because they were sitting on the bar. I would bet that more than half of the nuts put on the bar in the bowls would not be eaten, just thrown away.

John Heald said Carnival will not do this. Says it is a health issue. I agree. Do you know where everyone has had their hands. Not in my food.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Holland America offers bar snacks at the bar during their happy hour. The bartender provides the snack to each customer. Some of them are even hot snacks. I agree with the OP that bar snacks are a great complement to a tasty beverage.

The person at the bar complains that his nuts were touched by someone else...While he is waiting, he grabs the other guy's nuts again. [\quote]

Heehee. I know you mean peanuts but your phrasing made me chuckle. No wonder pax are mad! :D

The person at the bar complains that his nuts were touched by someone else...While he is waiting, he grabs the other guy's nuts again. [\quote]

Heehee. I know you mean peanuts but your phrasing made me chuckle. No wonder pax are mad! :D

Exactly and some might like it!🤣🤣🤣

Like eColi and Norovirus? Those are my favorite germs to have running thru my body when on vacation

This. I am not really a germophobe, but the cruise line is super worried about noro, which can spread like wildfire and result in massive extra cleaning (and bad PR). No thanks. It would be nice if they could have some sort of indiv portions of salty snacks, but they would probably not taste good anyway. I am not sure if its the humidity or what, but even when they have chips they lose their crunch.