still no popcorn or beer nuts/salty mix at the bars? thats something i REALLY missed

I don't know what ship you are on but one of the nicest things about the Alchemy Bar were the "bar snacks " I got while drinking there.

We had olives, cheese and a salty cracker mix.

At the Red Frog Pub I have also had a salty crunchy mix offered.

You have to move away from the Lido bar or the atrium bar to find other drinking spots.

I have survived "germs" as most people are claiming for 60 plus years.

Paranoia isn't good either😂😂!

They could serve them in individual containers then just throw them away, which would eliminate the concerns.

We had some snacks at Red Frog Pub. One was spicy little things and there was a different item that was not spicy. Sorry I don't remember much about them - it was a couple of years ago & I had a fish bowl. But I do know I had snacks.

When are people going to realize germs are good for your body?

Some bacteria are very good for the human body. The number one illness to strike down people on cruise ships is not a germ it's a virus. Norovirus. The lyrics from The Love Boat devolve to " soon you will have a case of the runs..." when you are hit with the Norovirus from dipping into open containers of snacks touched by others who are infected and have the virus on their hands due to their lack of hand washing or poor hand washing.

Some bacteria are very good for the human body. The number one illness to strike down people on cruise ships is not a germ it's a virus. Norovirus. The lyrics from The Love Boat devolve to " soon you will have a case of the runs..." when you are hit with the Norovirus from dipping into open containers of snacks touched by others who are infected and have the virus on their hands due to their lack of hand washing or poor hand washing.

Yep. They don't let people take food from the buffet with their bare hands (as in no utensils), so why should snack mix be any different? Individual servings would be fine.

I don't know what ship you are on but one of the nicest things about the Alchemy Bar were the "bar snacks " I got while drinking there.

We had olives, cheese and a salty cracker mix.

At the Red Frog Pub I have also had a salty crunchy mix offered.

You have to move away from the Lido bar or the atrium bar to find other drinking spots.

I know, right!!!! Loved the olives!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

When are people going to realize germs are good for your body?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Germs are good for the body....but NOT washing your hands after going to the bathroom, not so much. Just plain NASTY!

People are well known for not washing their hands after going to the restroom, and other things so nope I would never touch those snacks if they did have them unless individually packaged. I had a co-worker who kept a huge thing of pretzels on his desk. Well her used to always sit at his desk and pick his toes so no call me a germaphobe if you will but I don't want something everyone has been digging their hands through no ma'am !

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What about the mess factor as well? Trampled on nuts, squashed pretzels and popcorn around the Lido pool deck? Not very safe, and Carnival would probably have to assign another crew member to keep up with the clean up and sweeping.

We had some snacks at Red Frog Pub. One was spicy little things and there was a different item that was not spicy. Sorry I don't remember much about them - it was a couple of years ago & I had a fish bowl. But I do know I had snacks.

Note: This only applies to ships with the Red Frog Pub, not the ships with only the Red Frog Rum Bar.

The Red Frog Pub only serves these spicy things (pigeon peas/frog balls) "usually" on request. They are free and served in your own personal bowl!:) Unless you share, there is really not a issue.

The rest of the $3.33 Red Frog Pub snacks, again made and served to order just for you.

Now as for on the pool/lido deck, I have never seen a snack that was served at the bar or in a chase beside the pool...:)

I don't touch anything on a cruise ship if someone else's hands have been on it. I certainly wont ingest it! ;)

So honest question...how in the world do you go around a cruise ship without touching anything?:confused: I'm sure just about every area of the ship has had someone else's hands on it at one point or another...

Yep. They don't let people take food from the buffet with their bare hands (as in no utensils), so why should snack mix be any different? Individual servings would be fine.

I know, right! My hubby and I always get the snacks at the Alchemy. Now I will share with my man.. LOL