where to stay in ct

faphy8

we are going on the jade in oct repo cruise . we would like to stay in hotel night before .we would have someone drop us at hotel. then take cab to pier in morning.we are from mass does someone know of hotel not to far from pier that we could do this .thanks

we are going on the jade in oct repo cruise . we would like to stay in hotel night before .we would have someone drop us at hotel. then take cab to pier in morning.we are from mass does someone know of hotel not to far from pier that we could do this .thanks

The Jade leaves Mon Oct 16, so you would need a hotel room on Sun Oct 15. What is your hotel budget? Two people? Bed size requirements? What exact area are you coming from in Mass? Why did you ask about Connecticut hotels in your title if you want to stay near the port in Manhattan?

we just two of us are from Worcester area We don,t want to spend to much We don,t want to stay in the city been there do that.We stayed at hilton garden last year stay park and cruise it was great.I am just trying to get ideas. Maybe rent car day of cruise then drop it off this is first repo .I just don,t know what we will do to get there.

Me again we are on the jade repo it is oct 26 to nov 6 to miami it leaves on a thursday.you are the one i learned about the hilton garden from .thank you it was a great place but we are not leaving a car this time.

we just two of us are from Worcester area We don,t want to spend to much We don,t want to stay in the city been there do that.We stayed at hilton garden last year stay park and cruise it was great.I am just trying to get ideas. Maybe rent car day of cruise then drop it off this is first repo .I just don,t know what we will do to get there.

Oops - I think your sail date is Thur Oct 26. I'd be looking at one way car rentals with a drop off near the NY pier. I can give you the cars only directions through Westchester County to the pier. Be sure to take your ezpass. I'd be leaving at 6:30 am so that you hit the NY/CT line around 9 am. If you want to go down the night before, look at the LaQuinta in Stamford as a budget choice. Then cut over to the Hutchinson River Parkway at I287 and take the cars only route to the cruise terminal. The $6 toll is well worth it.

Another Central MA cruiser here - we have never cruised out of Manhattan, but my cousin did a couple of weeks ago and got a good deal at a Wyndham in Newark, right across the river from the cruise port. Parking was free for the duration of her cruise, and they were able to take some sort of water taxi right from the hotel over to the port.

Another Central MA cruiser here - we have never cruised out of Manhattan, but my cousin did a couple of weeks ago and got a good deal at a Wyndham in Newark, right across the river from the cruise port. Parking was free for the duration of her cruise, and they were able to take some sort of water taxi right from the hotel over to the port.

Could you provide more details on this? Something doesn't add up. The Wyndham Gardens at Newark Airport offers a Park/sleep package, but you pay extra above the base rate for parking. This hotel is not right across the river from the cruise port and has no water taxi service.

Originally posted by Boston Mom

Could you provide more details on this? Something doesn't add up. The Wyndham Gardens at Newark Airport offers a Park/sleep package, but you pay extra above the base rate for parking. This hotel is not right across the river from the cruise port and has no water taxi service

Oops, I think I am mixing up her cruises - she actually cruised twice out of the NYC area, once with her mother and the other with her husband and kids. The Newark hotel was the one with her husband and kids, and they were able to get some sort of limo bus right from the hotel over to the port. She was able to use Wyndham Loyalty points so I know the hotel was pretty reasonable even with having to pay for a limo - which for the 4 of them and all their luggage wasn't bad. The parking there was free for the duration.

I believe it was the Sheraton in Weehawken that she stayed for the second cruise with her mom and took the water taxi over to Manhattan. I don't know if the Sheraton charged her extra for leaving the car there during the cruise or not - probably worth calling and asking. My aunt is handicapped and I know that the rules for card with handicapped placards are not always the same rules as for the general population.

Oops, I think I am mixing up her cruises - she actually cruised twice out of the NYC area, once with her mother and the other with her husband and kids. The Newark hotel was the one with her husband and kids, and they were able to get some sort of limo bus right from the hotel over to the port. She was able to use Wyndham Loyalty points so I know the hotel was pretty reasonable even with having to pay for a limo - which for the 4 of them and all their luggage wasn't bad. The parking there was free for the duration.

I believe it was the Sheraton in Weehawken that she stayed for the second cruise with her mom and took the water taxi over to Manhattan. I don't know if the Sheraton charged her extra for leaving the car there during the cruise or not - probably worth calling and asking. My aunt is handicapped and I know that the rules for card with handicapped placards are not always the same rules as for the general population.

Thanks! Two stays in different hotels makes a lot of sense. Loyalty status and a handicapped placard could make a big difference in eligibility for extra perks.

Loyalty status at the Wyndham is super easy to get - just requires signing up with your email, and at the time I did it they gave a bunch of points just for signing up. We signed up when we were planning a trip to Philadelphia last summer, and the hotel gave us a great incentive rate for signing up for loyalty in addition to the initial points we got.