Corkscrews in Viking Cabins

travelingman

Does anyone know if there are corkscrews in the Viking cabins. If not, and you want a glass of wine in the cabin do you just take the bottle to the lounge and ask them to open it or do you buy a corkscrew before boarding. I am also aware some wine bottles may come with a screw cap.

Thanks.

There aren't any corkscrews in the cabins on Viking ships (that I recall), but they'll be happy to open it for you at the bar, and to supply you with glasses as well.

Cheers!

Jeff

Does anyone know if there are corkscrews in the Viking cabins. If not, and you want a glass of wine in the cabin do you just take the bottle to the lounge and ask them to open it or do you buy a corkscrew before boarding. I am also aware some wine bottles may come with a screw cap.

Thanks.

On any ship that I've been on just asked the room steward for a cork screw and got one the 1st sea day

Are you asking about Viking River or Viking Ocean? If Viking Ocean, every cabin has a small fridge with various amenities in it including a corkscrew. If Viking River I think they do. When we did Viking River a few years ago, we bought some wine during a port call in Melk, which we had in our cabin where we had glasses and I think a corkscrew. We didn't have to ask for one.

Actually, I couldn't tell which forum this question came from until now. With respect to Viking River, it may also be a function of which cabin you have. We were in a Veranda Suite. But the other cabins each have a small fridge. If they don't have a corkscrew in them, am sure your cabin steward will get one for you.

Edited by CharTrav

Thanks for your replies. Based on your answers it seems I can either get a corkscrew by asking the Cabin Stewart for one and if that fails then asking the lounge bartender to open it for me. Looks like I should be covered.

Thanks again for your assistance.