2019 NCL Cruises to Australia/New Zealand

soccermommy

Can anyone give me an idea when NCL will release dates and itineraries for 2019? We are particularly interested in Australia and New Zealand. This will be for a 70th birthday celebration, and one more check off my ( very big) bucket list!

Several other lines have already published their 2019 itineraries, and believe it or not, starting to fill cruises, but we want to see what our preferred line has to offer.

Thanks for any help.

I was wondering the same thing, especially since we just received the brochure from Princess with this itinerary for 2019.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are in the same boat ( no pun intended) . Waiting to see what NCL has to offer in 2019

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

We're on one of the Australia/NZ cruises in December. Given that this is the first time NCL is trying Aus/NZ (well, after the difficulties with the Star last year), NCL may be waiting to see how well the Jewel cruises do this year.

I've also heard that berthing space is very limited (as in Sydney). NCL is very late to the region and might have limited choices on dates.

Which doesn't change the main point of the two previous posts - it's wait and see what NCL decides to do.

I am looking for the same answer for next year (December, 2018). I plan to spend Christmas/New Years in Australia and want to do an NCL cruise before it. I would have it booked and paid for if it was available today.

I've been booked since April on Princess for 10 nights up the Queensland coast out of Sydney in February 2019. I prefer NCL to Princess generally, but it's unlikely NCL will even be able to offer this particular itinerary. Sometimes you just have to go with the line that will take you where you want to go.

Thank you all for your replies and help.

It isn't so much as I can't wait,( though it's hard!), it's a matter of trying to find out what itineraries are out there. We'd prefer a cruise over 12 days, but any one we like has to be within a 2 month window. Surprisingly, there aren't a lot of those cruises out there.

I looked at Norwegian's 2017-2018 sailings to get an idea of what could be offered, but of course, that does't give dates or fares for 2018-2019.

Our TA can't get any info from NCL yet, so advised us to put down a deposit on a cruise we like, with the idea that when NCL comes out with its plans, we can change, since the cruise is 18 months out. So we are booking with Celebrity, which has a pretty good deal with their Concierge class, but really want to see what NCL will have to offer.

I am looking for the same answer for next year (December, 2018). I plan to spend Christmas/New Years in Australia and want to do an NCL cruise before it. I would have it booked and paid for if it was available today.

I may be wrong, but it appears NCL has decided to skip the South Pacific for December 2018 and to head to South America instead.

I may be wrong, but it appears NCL has decided to skip the South Pacific for December 2018 and to head to South America instead.

Why do you say that? I've been watching as I plan on booking something and I don't think they've announced anything. They still have their bookings at the Sydney Port between Oct18 and April 2019.

Why do you say that? I've been watching as I plan on booking something and I don't think they've announced anything. They still have their bookings at the Sydney Port between Oct18 and April 2019.

Oh, you're right -- I thought every ship was accounted for by now for December but it does indeed look as though Jewel is not yet spoken for!

Sorry for the misinformation.

• 1 month later...
Can anyone give me an idea when NCL will release dates and itineraries for 2019? We are particularly interested in Australia and New Zealand. This will be for a 70th birthday celebration, and one more check off my ( very big) bucket list!

Several other lines have already published their 2019 itineraries, and believe it or not, starting to fill cruises, but we want to see what our preferred line has to offer.

Thanks for any help.

I am also wanting to know if NCL will be back in Australia in 2019 I would like to book The Tasmanian 10 day cruise from Sydney..

• 1 month later...

While I was on NCL's site today, I decided to check the 2019 schedule, and lo and behold!

There are 3 cruises listed for Jan- February 2019, a few more for December 2018. All are on the Jewel out of Sydney. Two in January are Sydney- New Zealand with no port stops in Australia, the 1 in February is Sydney- northern Australia-Indonesia - Singapore. After that, it looks like the Jewel will do a Southeast Asia cruise. The schedule is listed only to March 2019.

It's a little disappointing for us if this schedule holds, we can't commit to December or January cruises since DH works for an NFL team which expects to be in the postseason.( Yes, I know, no sympathy). So far prices are good, you can gat an aft balcony now, and it's a little less than what we will be paying for Concierge on Celebrity.

Hopefully, NCL will have more information, or my TA can. I just wanted to update everyone.

I was told about a a year and a half out is when they will have trips ready. I was on the phone today about another cruise and the agent said they just got files on 2019 Australia and Asia. She read to me over the phone the itineraries. The Jewel will go into drydock in Oct 2018 before starting the newer cruises in PACIFIC. So hang tight. At least NCL is better than RCCL. I think Holland and Princess post cruises at bit further out at times. And all cruise lines are fighting for space in Europe and I hear that the Canaries are the up and coming place to go too.