Food for thought about thread responses

Let's petition for Sea Dogs at every mustard station across the fleet. It will take corporate time to ketchup to all the ships but it will be worth it to increase guest satisfaction and encourage repeat business. I relish the thought.

seadogs-2.jpg

Onion going to mention the sauerkraut?

I have found some posts helpful and some posts less than helpful here. I am typically good at reading between the lines to determine what to take as advice, knowledge, or suggestions. What I do find a little disheartening is when someone asks a legitimate question about... anything, that sometimes it turns into an argument between people "re-fighting" the same tired debate about their interpretations of rules and policies. Opinions are certainly welcome, but the repeating arguments don't really help the person who posts the original question. I don't know if that is exactly what the OP of this thread was referring to, but that is my two cents to offer;-)

That's not what I understood, but that's fine because THAT'S the point-- "everyone's answers are based on their own perception of their own personal experience." No two experiences and understandings are exactly the same. Take what you can/want for reading someone else's experience, go to the source for facts (and note that exceptions may be made for you), and use common sense to help form your own experience!

~Profile Says Everything~

I get what you are saying but doesn't this apply to everything- like life in general. Not necessarily a profound thought, although I guess some need to be reminded. It feels like this is one of those life lessons you should learn in grade school- along with "life is not always fair."

Of course I guess there are some people who still need to hear this. (And I am sad for that)

Maybe y earns its keep. Now c is a different story altogether. Hard to think of a circumstance where s or k couldn't easily replace it.

For example, sirkumstanse. I am thinking of boycotting c.

We must keep f and t because I really don't want to sail without FTTF.

Well I'm at Zirconium level so I don't need any FTTF like you noobs. I've been on 672 Carnival cruises. I'm also Plutonium on RCI and they would never think of getting rid of T or F!

Well I'm at Zirconium level so I don't need any FTTF like you noobs. I've been on 672 Carnival cruises. I'm also Plutonium on RCI and they would never think of getting rid of T or F!

Same here, born in Hanford but raised in a Project called Manhattan ;)

Guess we had better keep Z so your status won't be zapped in the blink of an eye.

How about some negotiation. We'll keep Z for you and F and T for me. I am still fighting to boycott C.

One day we'll bump into each other at the Alkemy bar and I will treat you to a Brandy Alexander, if X is still around. If X is gone, drinks will be on you. Or U. Or ewe.

Same here, born in Hanford but raised in a Project called Manhattan ;)

Oh dearie me. The Manhattan Project.

You just love opening new cans of squiiggly wiggly worms.

As if serving condiments when we mustard wasn't enough. From another thread entirely. . . if they serve mustard I demand clotted cream. I want klotted kreme on my skones.

Oh dearie me. The Manhattan Project.

You just love opening new cans of squiiggly wiggly worms.

As if serving condiments when we mustard wasn't enough. From another thread entirely. . . if they serve mustard I demand clotted cream. I want klotted kreme on my skones.

Clotted Cream with a C. We will not be cancelling C or we won't be able to cancel anything.

Sorry but xyz is highly overrated. They should be charged rent for taking up space in the alphabet.

I agree with you on rst but surely you realize they are on a mission to appear in 88% of English words. Afraid we're going to have to live with them or take our money elsewhere.

:'):'):')

I'm sorry but I use the alphabet daily and I often am in need of xy and z. I use all 3 of them. If they were to do away with them or charge extra for them I would completely stop using the alphabet altogether and use symbols or some other non-English system.

:') That's 2 for xyz! Hooray! :')

Clotted Cream with a C. We will not be cancelling C or we won't be able to cancel anything.

Sure, we will just kansel.

We are going to have to get creative with ch, as in cherry. I suggest an entirely new symbol for ch since life wouldn't be worth living without cherry pie.

Perhaps the pi sign could represent ch since cherry is of course the quintessential pie.

I have found some posts helpful and some posts less than helpful here. I am typically good at reading between the lines to determine what to take as advice, knowledge, or suggestions. What I do find a little disheartening is when someone asks a legitimate question about... anything, that sometimes it turns into an argument between people "re-fighting" the same tired debate about their interpretations of rules and policies. Opinions are certainly welcome, but the repeating arguments don't really help the person who posts the original question. I don't know if that is exactly what the OP of this thread was referring to, but that is my two cents to offer;-)

That is the point of the thread and to inform the new people that even when it comes from carnival, rules are open to interpretation and may or may not be enforced.

NCL Sunward 1974

NCL Starward 1978

Costa Daphne 1982

Carnival Triumph 2001

Carnival Conquests 2005

Carnival Magic 2014

Sure, we will just kansel.

We are going to have to get creative with ch, as in cherry. I suggest an entirely new symbol for ch since life wouldn't be worth living without cherry pie.

Perhaps the pi sign could represent ch since cherry is of course the quintessential pie.

How about that symbol that Prince changed his name to a long time ago? I heard he's not using it anymore. :p

That is the point of the thread and to inform the new people that even when it comes from carnival, rules are open to interpretation and may or may not be enforced.

NCL Sunward 1974

NCL Starward 1978

Costa Daphne 1982

Carnival Triumph 2001

Carnival Conquests 2005

Carnival Magic 2014

Question....I get the fact that Carnivals rules may or may not be enforced. This idea of "open for interpretation", how does that work? [emoji848]....For instance, the Serenity Deck. It's 21+....that's black and white, not grey. Interpreting that rule isn't hard. Now if you choose not to follow it is another thing. 21+ isn't hard to interpret

Some days I stay away from here as some of the responses are so negative and the useless arguments. It's really sad some of the things I read. I thought this was a great place to talk about cruises not bicker back and forth and come down on others for asking a question. Thanks for this post.

You haven't had a mustard station drill near the Sea Dogs on the Magic or Breeze apparently. So convenient :)

seadogs-1.jpg

I did do a muster station drill up on the lido deck on the Fantasy though. That's as close to a mustard safety drill as I've gotten at that time. :)

I did do a muster station drill up on the lido deck on the Fantasy though. That's as close to a mustard safety drill as I've gotten at that time. :)

My only issue is the picture....if you put ketchup on a hot dog, you need to be banned from ever being allowed to eat a hot dog again....that is just so wrong!!!! [emoji36]

My only issue is the picture....if you put ketchup on a hot dog, you need to be banned from ever being allowed to eat a hot dog again....that is just so wrong!!!! [emoji36]

Consider this then,the title of the thread is afterall: " Food for Thought. "

Some days I stay away from here as some of the responses are so negative and the useless arguments. It's really sad some of the things I read. I thought this was a great place to talk about cruises not bicker back and forth and come down on others for asking a question. Thanks for this post.

It's not hard to have a civil discussion, even when we hold different opinions and disagree with one another. I'd like to see moderators rely less on users reporting posts and just spend time reviewing the boards. It doesn't take long to realize that it tends to be the same small handful of people who come here, not to help fellow cruisers and have rational discussions, but to be negative and flame everyone they disagree with. Some people just need to put others down in order to make themselves feel bigger. They feed off of the negativity they create. They're bullies, but what's even sadder is that they're bullies who hide behind the internet. There's been a lot of nice threads (entire threads) that get deleted because a few of the same people come along and start arguments during what was otherwise a civil discussion. I'm not one who supports punishing an entire group for the actions of a few. Moderators should address the ones who regularly cause the problems.

I don't know what that is but I could learn.
LOL Back in the early 90's, the singer Prince literally changed his name to this symbol...

Love_symbol_2.jpg

No one knew how to address him, so everyone began calling him "the artist formerly known as Prince." He died last year, that's why I said he wasn't using it anymore. ;p I don't mean any disrespect to him by that. Just having fun. I like several of his songs.

It's not hard to have a civil discussion, even when we hold different opinions and disagree with one another. I'd like to see moderators rely less on users reporting posts and just spend time reviewing the boards. It doesn't take long to realize that it tends to be the same small handful of people who come here, not to help fellow cruisers and have rational discussions, but to be negative and flame everyone they disagree with. Some people just need to put others down in order to make themselves feel bigger. They feed off of the negativity they create. They're bullies, but what's even sadder is that they're bullies who hide behind the internet. There's been a lot of nice threads (entire threads) that get deleted because a few of the same people come along and start arguments during what was otherwise a civil discussion. I'm not one who supports punishing an entire group for the actions of a few. Moderators should address the ones who regularly cause the problems.

(y)