Storage/Organization tips for 3 in an inside cabin

thegoodlife247

There will be 2 adult ladies and a 12 year old girl in an inside cabin on the Getaway. I know NCL has much smaller cabins than Carnival so I am a bit concerned about storage and organization. I know about an over the door shoe holder and i think the only place it will hang is on the inside of the bathroom door since the closet is a bi-fold door. I also thought about one of the closet hanging shelf things. I know I can keep some clothes in our bags under the bed for worst case. Any tips or hacks that work well for inside cabins and especially on the Getaway would be greatly appreciated.

I've never been in an inside, but did have 4 adults in a mini. I think the best thing I ever bought was magnetic hooks. Alaska sailing so we hung jackets as well as bathing suits and PJs! Remember, the ceiling is metal too! :D

We did our family of 4 (15yo son is 6ft :eek:) in an inside to Alaska. Great family memories! I think using zones helps. Everything has an assigned spot, so you can find things. NCL cabins have 4 shelves behind door. We assign one to each person. When we pack at home we put an entire outfit together and then roll it. Socks and small items go on the inside of the roll. (I have also seen where some people use a Ziplock bag for each outfit and keep accessories inside the bag.)We stack the rolls on the shelf. Get up in the morning grab a roll, shower, change, and put dirty clothes in suitcase. We keep an empty suitcase open under the bed and slide it out. Halfway through its full, close it up and rotate another empty suitcase to that corner. Use closet for nicer, hanging clothes (slacks, dresses, etc). There are I think 2 hooks on the wall where we kept our jackets/sweatshirts for quick grab and go. I also kept my "port" bag hanging up. I kept pjs on the small shelf above TV. Hair supplies/makeup/accessories at the desk area. We have a great bathroom bag from LLBean that has pockets for everything, unzip and it has a built in hook to hang up for access. Swimsuits were hung in bathroom in varying stages of drying. I kept all paperwork next to the TV or in the safe with valuables (camera, iPad, etc). Shoes on floor of closet. My boys each brought a backpack of entertainment for the flights (books, handheld games, etc). They used these throughout the cruise, put books away when not in use and packed souvenirs in the bags as they purchased them. These bags were also on floor in the closet. Enjoy you trip!

We did our family of 4 (15yo son is 6ft :eek:) in an inside to Alaska. Great family memories! I think using zones helps. Everything has an assigned spot, so you can find things. NCL cabins have 4 shelves behind door. We assign one to each person. When we pack at home we put an entire outfit together and then roll it. Socks and small items go on the inside of the roll. (I have also seen where some people use a Ziplock bag for each outfit and keep accessories inside the bag.)We stack the rolls on the shelf. Get up in the morning grab a roll, shower, change, and put dirty clothes in suitcase. We keep an empty suitcase open under the bed and slide it out. Halfway through its full, close it up and rotate another empty suitcase to that corner. Use closet for nicer, hanging clothes (slacks, dresses, etc). There are I think 2 hooks on the wall where we kept our jackets/sweatshirts for quick grab and go. I also kept my "port" bag hanging up. I kept pjs on the small shelf above TV. Hair supplies/makeup/accessories at the desk area. We have a great bathroom bag from LLBean that has pockets for everything, unzip and it has a built in hook to hang up for access. Swimsuits were hung in bathroom in varying stages of drying. I kept all paperwork next to the TV or in the safe with valuables (camera, iPad, etc). Shoes on floor of closet. My boys each brought a backpack of entertainment for the flights (books, handheld games, etc). They used these throughout the cruise, put books away when not in use and packed souvenirs in the bags as they purchased them. These bags were also on floor in the closet. Enjoy you trip!

Three of us stayed in a sideways inside. No. Storage problems at all.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Forums mobile app

I went to the dollar store and bought several huge metal magnets to put on the walls. One was for notes to each other. The next one was the Gems newspaper with all planned activities highlighted. The last one held all other papers. Nothing was lying around no surfaces were clutter free.

There will be 2 adult ladies and a 12 year old girl in an inside cabin on the Getaway. I know NCL has much smaller cabins than Carnival so I am a bit concerned about storage and organization. I know about an over the door shoe holder and i think the only place it will hang is on the inside of the bathroom door since the closet is a bi-fold door. I also thought about one of the closet hanging shelf things. I know I can keep some clothes in our bags under the bed for worst case. Any tips or hacks that work well for inside cabins and especially on the Getaway would be greatly appreciated.

They are smaller, but not that much smaller and they are better laid out so they feel bigger than rooms on CCL. The real key is t remember that after you pack you need to take half the stuff out of your suitcase and you will still have too much.

3 of us in a cabin on the Pearl, which when the sofabed was open, only way to get to balcony was to climb over that person. We kept the suitcases under the beds, as our dirty hamper for clothes, bought a magnet penholder from the dollar store to hold pens highlighter and comb as well as a magnetic whiteboard for messages. My first gift shop purchases are magnets which i used in cabin for the dailies then served as gifts when i returned home. Its amazing what can be attached to the walls in zip locks lol. The main thing was that everyone put their stuff away before leaving the cabin.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Forums mobile app

Great tips! We are a family of four (11 & 13 yo boys) and we've booked one mini-suite on Jewel in AUS to take advantage of 3/4 sail free. I've been worried about all of us in one room, but your post gives me hope!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums