Another promo with non-refundable deposit??

Sea and Me

I am just wondering if the next promo will have the non-refundable deposit?? I would hope not but wouldnt be surprised for Princess to stick with the non-refundable deposit. I guess time will tell and all we can do is keep looking for the next promo. Hey this is what retirees do(at least this one does):D Have a good day.

I am just wondering if the next promo will have the non-refundable deposit?? I would hope not but wouldnt be surprised for Princess to stick with the non-refundable deposit. I guess time will tell and all we can do is keep looking for the next promo. Hey this is what retirees do(at least this one does):D Have a good day.

A lot of people don't like that non refundable deposit. Even I don't like it and every cruise I book, I book with the expectation of going on it. Can't say I've "cancelled" one but I did reschedule one recently. Had it been a non refundable deposit, I would not have been able to do that.

So, Princess will do what it needs to for their business model. Not sure how many "complaints" they got from the non refundable deposit, but whether they keep them up or not will depend on how it impacts "sales"/bookings, etc. Maybe too many people were cancelling prior to the no penalty date and they were having a hard time booking those unsold cabins? As we've heard, Princess sails full ship almost all the time. So they have a model that keeps their ships booked. I don't know that I would book a non refundable deposit cruise, unless that was the ONLY way to book one. Then, I might cruise less. Right now I book everything that comes to mind, knowing IF I wanted to cancel I could. I don't want to cancel anything, but that perceived freedom has me booked on 5 future cruises right now. :) I intend to go on each one.

The current promotions have $100 deposits: Sun Drenched non-refundable and S+S refundable.

In early September 2016 the 3 for Free $100 deposit was refundable. That promotion has been offered for the past several years however the benefits have varied. Last year had the best benefits: up to $300 per cabin of OBC; free gratuities and an upgrade to the top cabin category within type of cabin.

We haven't booked a cruise with a non-refundable deposit before.

If you use a FCC as the deposit for your cruise, and something happens that you must cancel, would the FCC be non-refundable (for a non-refundable deposit cruise)?

Yes - came as quite a shock. You lose it.

Yes - came as quite a shock. You lose it.

Whoa! I know that if cancelling a booking you would lose the OBC associated with the FCC deposit, but losing the actual FCC is a new one on me. If Princess were to introduce non-refundable deposits for all cruises, losing the FCC as well will make me think think twice about investing in more and Princess won't get to use my money.

We've always taken the cruises booked with FCC; however, we are aging as is our family, so you never know when health issues could arise making it necessary to cancel. Based on a family member's experience, insurance companies seem to be finding 'creative' ways not to accept claims so no security blanket there either.

With sharply rising prices and a modest pension, I'm not comfortable with gambling on the deposit. It appears that an increase in non-refundable deposits are also happening with other lines.

Another option will be to book 'last minute', after others have made final payment, when a deposit is a moot point and you might get a good deal. We always book a year or more in advance so I'm not comfortable with last-minute bookings either as I don't see them as having many other perks. I may need to adjust my attitude!;p