The Native Choice

Jridley84

I'm thinking about doing a 7.5 hour tour of Kohunlich-Dzibanche Ruins. My cruise ship will be in port for 10 hours. I'm worried about how reliable they are in getting us back to the port in time.

Does anyone have any experience or advice?

I have never heard nor experienced any problems with Native Choice getting cruisers back to the ship on time. Especially with a 2.5 hour window (albeit some of that is eaten up pre-tour). They do have shorter tours that only visit one site if you're concerned about time. IMO, 2 Yucatan, Maya ruins in a day is one too many. Better to see the difference between ruins in Belize and Yucatan to get a broader sense of the entire culture we call Maya.

I wouldn't worry about getting back on time. They are very, very good. Only worry if you want to do something else in port. I will say that we did the closer one and it was quite breathtaking at that. And you can still climb around a lot, just not to the top.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We would like to do the long tour as well but with a 9 year old and a 2 hour drive each way we may do one of the shorter routes and ruins. Maybe someday when it's just me and the wife we'll do the longer one. We sail next April and haven't made our minds up yet.

We would like to do the long tour as well but with a 9 year old and a 2 hour drive each way we may do one of the shorter routes and ruins. Maybe someday when it's just me and the wife we'll do the longer one. We sail next April and haven't made our minds up yet.

Go with the shorter one. It's just as awe inspiring and the tour guides are fantastic. But it's hot and really humid (it's the jungle!) and I read it's the least amount of walking, the shorter one.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums