St.Kitts Marriott Resort experience....

baileybrad

I would try to just drop in & ask for the day pass rate at the front desk. At this time of the year it should not be crowded. The Caribbean Pricess is the only ship in port on the 5th.

Edited by paul58
additional information

We pre-booked the day pass but we spoke to a few people who just walked in to the hotel and purchased the day pass at $35/person. It was not crowded at all when we visited in April of this year. The grounds and pools are massive and they have enough loungers to accommodate 10 times the people that were there. There were maybe 25-30 people in our area of the pool near the swim-up bar. People that were staying at the hotel did not start showing up until after Noon. We arrived around 9:30 a.m. and were the first people at the pool.

The bars on property did not accept debit or credit cards, cash only. We ordered pizza from the pizza hut and were able to pay with a debit card. We needed a credit card # to hold our reservation and paid with that card at the front desk upon arrival. If you order online, print a copy of your confirmation, they asked for it upon check-in.

We pre-booked the day pass but we spoke to a few people who just walked in to the hotel and purchased the day pass at $35/person. It was not crowded at all when we visited in April of this year. The grounds and pools are massive and they have enough loungers to accommodate 10 times the people that were there. There were maybe 25-30 people in our area of the pool near the swim-up bar. People that were staying at the hotel did not start showing up until after Noon. We arrived around 9:30 a.m. and were the first people at the pool.

The bars on property did not accept debit or credit cards, cash only. We ordered pizza from the pizza hut and were able to pay with a debit card. We needed a credit card # to hold our reservation and paid with that card at the front desk upon arrival. If you order online, print a copy of your confirmation, they asked for it upon check-in.

Hmmm bars cash only? are they a separate entity from Marriott? Being a Marriott brand you would think that they would accept all credit cards

We booked the Marriott day pass online a month prior to our cruise because we understood that they only make a certain number of day passes available and we didn't know how crowded they would be in April. The two couples that we spoke to at the pool just took a taxi from the ship and purchased day passes once they arrived.

As far as the bars accepting cash only for purchases, I will double check with my daughter later today and ascertain if that was correct.

Re: Cash Only at Bars ... if memory serves me correctly, I think the bar between the pool & beach took Credit Cards only. I remember the first time I was there, I had ordered a beverage & paid for it with a credit card, and a guy came up & wanted to pay cash for a beer ... they refused ... he hadn't brought any credit cards with him ... so he paid me the cash & I bought him drinks with my credit card. (That was several years ago.)

• 3 weeks later...

We will be in St. Kitts during Christmas week and inquired via email about day passes for December 28. I was told that since the hotel was sold out they probably would be able to sell day passes that week. They suggested I check back closer to the cruise date to recheck.

• 2 weeks later...