Questions about Baltimore, balconies and drink packages

norwane

I did post this question on the ports thread, as well. We will be sailing out of Baltimore on the Pride. We will be flying in the day before. Suggestions on hotels? What is the earliest time we could book a flight home?

We got a balcony on deck 4. Is there a huge difference between a regular balcony and the extended balcony? How will a balcony on deck 4 be? What deck and cabins are the cove balconies?

With the Cheers package - the rule still is, if one person in the cabin gets the package, everyone has to get it? My friend doesn't want the package, due to the cost. I would like to get it, though. Does anyone have tips on surviving without the Cheers package and not having sticker shock at the end? ;)

Is the soda package worth it? I will be bringing my Diet Dew (in the allowed 12 pack), and would probably drink 2-3 glasses a day of Diet Coke. If I get the soda package does my friend have to get it as well?

Thanks!

With the Cheers package - the rule still is, if one person in the cabin gets the package, everyone has to get it? My friend doesn't want the package, due to the cost. I would like to get it, though. Does anyone have tips on surviving without the Cheers package and not having sticker shock at the end? ;)

Is the soda package worth it? I will be bringing my Diet Dew (in the allowed 12 pack), and would probably drink 2-3 glasses a day of Diet Coke. If I get the soda package does my friend have to get it as well?

Thanks!

Cheers package is still everyone over 21 must purchase it

If you drink 2 or 3+ sodas a day, the soda package is worth it

only 1 person can get the soda package if they want. your friend does not have to get it

The best way to control sticker shock from your alcohol tab is to keep track of your drinking. There are no Cove Balconies on the Pride. Some balconies could be obstructed because they are on the deck of the lifeboats. Check the deck plans. Yes, there are noisy balconies just like there are relatively noisy cabins in all the categories

Regular balcony vs extended... depends on how many people in your cabin. If there's just 2 of you, not worth it in my opinion. Unless you think you're going to spend a lot of time there rather than exploring the ship. Sometimes with an extended you can get your steward to bring you a lounge chair.

But, I love Aft extended, even with just the 2 of us. The view off the back of the ship is our favorite so worth the extra price.

Flight home, in April we did self assist & we were in our car at 8:30. But, ships are often late for different reasons. I would never book a flight before 1:00.

As far as the hotel there are several that have shuttles to the cruise port because they offer cruise and park packages while you are on the cruise. even though you aren't driving you should stay at these type of hotels so you can use the shuttle to the port. there are several of these hotels around BWI airport and a couple in the city of Baltimore. location would depend on what you want. sightseeing in the city the day before you might want to stay somewhere like the Holiday Inn express Baltimore at the stadiums which is on Russell st in the city close to the inner harbor. or if you stay by BWI airport the hotels are close to Arundel Mills Mall (very large mall with restaurants) so you can do some pre cruise shopping if you need to. also the hotels around BWI should have a complimentary airport shuttle.

I did post this question on the ports thread, as well. We will be sailing out of Baltimore on the Pride. We will be flying in the day before. Suggestions on hotels? What is the earliest time we could book a flight home?

We got a balcony on deck 4. Is there a huge difference between a regular balcony and the extended balcony? How will a balcony on deck 4 be? What deck and cabins are the cove balconies?

Thanks!

We were on the Pride in late March 2017. We drive to Baltimore the day before and stay at a Park and Cruise hotel, so I can't speak to the earliest time for you to book a flight home. Our car is at the hotel, and they have a shuttle that transports everyone back and forth to the pier. I think we were off of the ship about 10:30-11:00 but I'm not really sure.

I have a few drinks but DH doesn't drink, so we don't purchase the Cheers pkg. We did order 1 or 2, 6-packs of soda ($10.00/ea.), that were in our cabin when we boarded. Also, as you probably know, each guest can carry on a bottle of wine. I just keep an eye on what I drink, so I'm not surprised later.

We are on the Pride again in Feb. 2018. We have a standard balcony on the Main Deck Aft. We love being AFT. But, in Mar., we couldn't get our usual Main Deck Cabin, so we booked an extended balcony on the upper deck. I loved it. The steward brought a chaise (although we really didn't need it). DH liked it as well, but said the regular standard balcony was just as nice. The Extended balcony was the same interior layout as the standard balcony cabin, but the balcony is bigger for sure. I didn't book it again though, because we're sailing in early February 2017, and our first few days are usually cooler at that time. In late March, we were on the balcony by the afternoon of the 1st day at sea. Also, another reason we didn't book the Ext. Balcony is because our favorite balcony on the Main Deck was available.

Have a nice cruise!