The great balcony divider debate

I know they can open but according to norwegian staff ( that my TA spoke with ) the room

Stewards are not allowed to open them if asked. We have adjoining rooms that we paid extra for and would like them to be open.

Current NCL safety policy is that they are not to be opened.

Will some stewards open them? Yes. Should they? No.

Should guests expect them to be opened? No.

Should guests take it upon themselves to open them? No.

I know they can open but according to norwegian staff ( that my TA spoke with ) the room

Stewards are not allowed to open them if asked. We have adjoining rooms that we paid extra for and would like them to be open.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wait! What?

Extra for " Adjoining Room's " ? Why extra? :confused:

Once again, I think it may depend upon the ship. I believe policy is to keep balcony dividers in place. However, on our transatlantic our steward did open the dividers since both staterooms affected gave permission .This was on the Epic .

No it doesn't. The policy everywhere is that they aren't supposed to be opened. Whether or not you get lucky with a steward willing to do it has nothing to do with the ship.

Is it possible to open them yourself? Yes, I know you shouldn't, but I was just curious if it was possible? Are they locked somehow? We have never been on a NCL before and sailing in September. I am actually more concerned that they are easily opened yourself... I really don't want my unknown neighbor just popping open my balcony divider, which I know is probably unlikely, but I am just curious.

Is it possible to open them yourself? Yes, I know you shouldn't, but I was just curious if it was possible? Are they locked somehow? We have never been on a NCL before and sailing in September. I am actually more concerned that they are easily opened yourself... I really don't want my unknown neighbor just popping open my balcony divider, which I know is probably unlikely, but I am just curious.

They typically require a special wrench to open, but a pair of needle nose pliers are reported to work as well. Just another reason to lock the balcony door when not in the cabin.