MSC Voyagers Club is offering Bonus Points

Beamafar

Just came across the following on the MSC website:

How to earn Bonus Points

MSC Voyagers Club rewards your passion for travel with exclusive privileges and offers.

Starting from 28 July 2017 you can also earn BONUS POINTS!

Join before the cruise and be rewarded with 100 BONUS POINTS.

If you are already a Member and you have booked an upcoming cruise with MSC, you can earn 100 BONUS POINTS by updating or confirming your contact details before the cruise in the MSC Voyagers Club Area or through the Web Check-in form. Bonus points are not retroactive.

Edited by Beamafar

Good news, Bea! So, if I simply update my details, before my upcoming Magnifica cruise, I should get an extra 100 pts?

That's what it says on the tin, Ken! I was attempting to do a web check-in a few minutes ago to see if it works, but the site logged me out. I'll try again later. I wonder if you get 100 points before EVERY sailing or if it's just a one off? It's a bit vague on that count.

See what I did there, Bea? I got to tell you without hijacking another thread or starting a new one!! :D:D:D

Yeah ................. feel free to hijack this thread, whydon'tcha! :rolleyes: :D

Thanks, Bea!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

You're welcome! :)

Surely this will bump those who are only on the 'Welcome' membership level up to 'Classic' before they even cruise, once they carry out the steps outlined? Kinda makes a mockery of the 'Welcome' level's existence.

I wish MSC Voyagers Club would focus their efforts on introducing a new, higher level tier instead of this flappin' about. :mad:

Well 200 extra points so that means just 600 short of a Black Card, can cut down on spending on Preziosa now in September ... :D

Just need the damned website to work now ... :mad:

Been waiting ages for it to go through.

Well 200 extra points so that means just 600 short of a Black Card, can cut down on spending on Preziosa now in September ... :D

US web dose not work as well LOL . Every time I try to update info its friezes :rolleyes:

Yes the website is bad for sure. I called into Voyagers Club support and was able to confirm that my membership did in fact get registered and got my number from them. I got the extra points this way.

Good luck!

Do you think the people who put together this promotion have any idea that the website totally does not support what they are requiring? I have a login to the website, I have an upcoming cruise, and I have a Voyagers Club number. None of them know about the others. So that means I'm going to call Voyagers Club support. By the time they talk to all of us there's a chunk of time they could have put towards fixing the website. :( Ok, rant is over. Thanks.:D

I just tried and it says Congratulations you are now a Voyagers Club Member! Oh really ? sounds like it has set up another membership using the same details !

Who the hell has written this programme ?

I just tried and it says Congratulations you are now a Voyagers Club Member! Oh really ? sounds like it has set up another membership using the same details !

Are you sure your first membership wasn't a figment of your imagination, Dave? :D

I did the web check-in for my upcoming cruise for both myself and DH. Right next to 'Completed' was the advice: 'Update your details for 100 Bonus Points'. I clicked on it and was brought to an Error 410; Page not available any more! "We're sorry, the requested page is no longer available on the website." It implies that it was there at one stage. According to the info, you only have to do the web check-in, which is, in effect, updating/confirming your contact details.

I'll be watching out for the points being added before doing the web check-in on our other bookings.

When if ever will they fix there web.

I don't think they will ever update or fix the site. I have not been able to ever sign in using my password, even though I have attempted to change it many times!! The only way I can sign on is with my voyage number. It's been this way for over a year!!!

So ................. I just logged into both our Voyagers Club areas this morning - no points added to my account. However, DH has had 100 points added to his. :confused:

I emailed Voyagers Club and have just had a response saying that the points will be added after I cruise. No explanation as to why DH has received his.

I don't know why MSC cannot do things more simply! Why not just up the number of points assigned for cruising by 100 points?

Bea ... They know who has a booked cruise and they will know who was on the ship on a given date, they could just update people at the end of the cruise, but being MSC they have to do things the most awkward way.

For instance why have 3 yes 3 different log ins on the one main page ? If I want to view a cruise using the booking reference, I have to Log In, If I want to view all upcoming and taken cruises I have to Log in, in a different place, If I want to check Voyagers club points I have to Log in again!

How hard can it be to have one Log in to access everything ? even our friend at MSC agrees with me on that one.

I only have to log in once and I can get to any of the places you outlined. I usually use my Voyagers Club number and password as I know them without having to go searching for them. But, sometimes, if I input the wrong password (it's similar to another one and my fingers type it automatically :rolleyes: ) I get this captcha thing that's usually impossible to read. I then use one of my booking numbers and my name to access the area. That also works to get me into any of the areas, be it Voyagers Club info, my profile, or my bookings, future and previous.

From reading all the complaints on here about MSC websites, it seems that the Ireland one is one of the best. I hardly have any problems on it. Must be due to not being able to book cruises, so it's a simpler version.

• 1 month later...

We disembarked Magnifica on Wednesday. I decided to check whether I'd received the bonus points for the cruise and I've discovered that the extra 100 points have indeed been added to my account. I checked DH's and he also has received an extra 100 points despite the fact that Voyagers Club had already added 100 points to his account prior to sailing.