A 2nd Time Cruiser's questions

brittany0121

I'm not a newbie, but I almost am! We took our first cruise with our then 2 year old on the Triumph in Sept 2015. However, this time we are cruising on the Magic from Port Canaveral on Sept. 3rd. We are traveling with my parents and my MIL, all three of whom are first time cruisers. I'm planning everything and want everything to go as smoothly as possible. I'm a serial planner and like to have as much taken care of as possible beforehand.

So my first questions involve the Bottomless Bubbles program. Ive searched the boards and nothing super recent come up, so I just wanted to confirm some things. 1.) This is still warm cans of pop poured over ice, right? 2.) If we decide that, 3 days in, we want the bottomless bubbles package, do they prorate it per day? Is it even possible to purchase on the ship? 3.) Is apple juice free? My now four year old drinks apple juice like its going out of style, so knowing we have apple juice on standby would be great. He wasnt drinking it last time we went, so I cant remember.

Question two. My dad uses a C-Pap machine. Ive read that people bring extension cords for them to reach the plug. So I have a small extension cord on my list. However, I just remembered the whole distilled water thing. Can we bring a bottle of distilled water for the machine? Is it something I can purchase to be in our room when we get there or will they supply it?

Thank you so much for your help. l may have a billion more questions later, so I appreciate all of your help!!

I'm not a newbie, but I almost am! We took our first cruise with our then 2 year old on the Triumph in Sept 2015. However, this time we are cruising on the Magic from Port Canaveral on Sept. 3rd. We are traveling with my parents and my MIL, all three of whom are first time cruisers. I'm planning everything and want everything to go as smoothly as possible. I'm a serial planner and like to have as much taken care of as possible beforehand.

So my first questions involve the Bottomless Bubbles program. Ive searched the boards and nothing super recent come up, so I just wanted to confirm some things. 1.) This is still warm cans of pop poured over ice, right? 2.) If we decide that, 3 days in, we want the bottomless bubbles package, do they prorate it per day? Is it even possible to purchase on the ship? 3.) Is apple juice free? My now four year old drinks apple juice like its going out of style, so knowing we have apple juice on standby would be great. He wasnt drinking it last time we went, so I cant remember.

Question two. My dad uses a C-Pap machine. Ive read that people bring extension cords for them to reach the plug. So I have a small extension cord on my list. However, I just remembered the whole distilled water thing. Can we bring a bottle of distilled water for the machine? Is it something I can purchase to be in our room when we get there or will they supply it?

Thank you so much for your help. l may have a billion more questions later, so I appreciate all of your help!!

Cans No, they have fountain machines all over . You get a big cup to keep up with and refill for the duration.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes you can purchase it on the ship. Yes you can bring a thing of distilled water.

There is a great FAQ section on the carnival site with tons of answers.

Welcome back.

So my first questions involve the Bottomless Bubbles program. Ive searched the boards and nothing super recent come up, so I just wanted to confirm some things.

1.) This is still warm cans of pop poured over ice, right?

Some bars use cans, some bars have soda taps.

2.) If we decide that, 3 days in, we want the bottomless bubbles package, do they prorate it per day? Is it even possible to purchase on the ship?

I don't know the answer, sorry.

3.) Is apple juice free? My now four year old drinks apple juice like its going out of style, so knowing we have apple juice on standby would be great. He wasnt drinking it last time we went, so I cant remember.

Apple juice is indeed available.

You can either carry on a gallon of distilled water or you can purchase it on the ship. (More expensive.)

Remember that each person can carry on 12 cans of soda. Each person can also bring more soda from ports.

Ask away. Hopefully you'll get the right answers.

Cans No, they have fountain machines all over . You get a big cup to keep up with and refill for the duration.

No, soda is served in individual glasses. If a person wants a refillable large cup, it must be brought on board or purchased on board. Perhaps you're confusing Royal Caribbean, where large cups are part of the soda program.

No, soda is served in individual glasses. If a person wants a refillable large cup, it must be brought on board or purchased on board. Perhaps you're confusing Royal Caribbean, where large cups are part of the soda program.

We were on carnival last year I thought they had them too. If wrong sorry.

But she should go to the FAQ section.

1. Bottomless Bubbles -- No, you can't buy it for a portion of the cruise. You can purchase before or on the first day for the entire cruise. Despite what Mrs. Mercer said, the pop is warm from a can poured over ice. If you want to use a refillable cup, you may do so, but they are not provided as part of the program.
  2. Juice -- Apple juice (I'm fairly certain) is available in the mornings on the Lido deck. After that, you have to pay for it (available at the bars). It is included in BB.
  3. CPaps -- Contact Special Needs and request an extension cord for the room. A "small" extension cord may not be long enough. Add to the list a power strip without surge protection, if they have other things to charge or plug in. You may carry on distilled water; however, IMO, it's just not worth it. You can call Room Service and get a gallon for $3.

Check the CPAP box on the form

sri_form_081209.pdf

Apple juice is on the lido in the morning, the MDR at breakfast/seaday brunch and available from room service for free. The same is true for other juices and milk with MDR and room service having a wider variety than the OJ, apple and guava punch on the Lido.

I would take a larger container and fill it on the Lido deck in the morning if the child needs it more than an breakfast. Or you can start expanding horizons on both food and beverage while cruising. Our boys didn't know there was really a kids menu and they learned to order off the adult and try new things. Cruising helped take our picky littles into well traveled and eaten teen and man.

Now I might be crazy, but I thought they ran a 1st day promo where you could also get a tervis cup with the soda package.

This part I know is correct - I know in our early days of cruising (2003-2008), we bought the soda package the day after leaving port. It was prorated to only 6 of the 7 days. However, I don't think it was available after that day. Back then they weren't offering any cups.

Now I might be crazy, but I thought they ran a 1st day promo where you could also get a tervis cup with the soda package.

This part I know is correct - I know in our early days of cruising (2003-2008), we bought the soda package the day after leaving port. It was prorated to only 6 of the 7 days. However, I don't think it was available after that day. Back then they weren't offering any cups.

We don't get BB any longer, but they did have on the first day where you could get a discount on the Carnival logo insulated cup (not a Tervis). Has this changed in the last 10 months? I don't know.

Bottomless bubbles must be purchased for the entire length of your cruise. You can purchase before you sail or on the 1st day onboard. They do sell the cups on board when you purchase the bubbles package. I think the cup was $6 on my last cruise(last year) and NOT Tervis.

Soda is poured out of a can over ice in a glass normally but a couple of bars have the soda guns behind the bar (not self serve)

CPAP machine is easy to do. You can bring a extension cord or fill out the special needs form or call the special needs dept before you sail. They will provide the cord and distilled water for your cabin and it will be waiting for you when you board. This is what I do (call) and I got a email confirmation from them with the particulars.

Apple juice in buffet area at breakfast and from bars throughout the day. Included in your bubbles package if you get that.

1. Bottomless Bubbles -- No, you can't buy it for a portion of the cruise. You can purchase before or on the first day for the entire cruise. Despite what Mrs. Mercer said, the pop is warm from a can poured over ice. If you want to use a refillable cup, you may do so, but they are not provided as part of the program.
  2. Juice -- Apple juice (I'm fairly certain) is available in the mornings on the Lido deck. After that, you have to pay for it (available at the bars). It is included in BB.
  3. CPaps -- Contact Special Needs and request an extension cord for the room. A "small" extension cord may not be long enough. Add to the list a power strip without surge protection, if they have other things to charge or plug in. You may carry on distilled water; however, IMO, it's just not worth it. You can call Room Service and get a gallon for $3.

This ^^^^. Were going on our second cruise next April also and bringing 2 other couples with us, family of ours that will be their first cruise. and they use CPAP machines and have already made arrangements with special needs for an extension cord and a gallon of distilled water for each. the distilled water was $3 a gallon. My Aunt said there's no way i'm carrying on my own gallon of water when Carnival only wants $3 for theirs. It will be in the room along with an extension cord when we arrive. no hassle.

I always bring my own extension cord for my C-PAP, I have never used one provided by the ship. Also, I don't bother with the distilled water while on the ship, I just use the water out of the tap in the bathroom. To each his own, but to me, the reverse osmosis water is just as pure if not better than a bottle of distilled.

If you can find apple juice in small cans (12 oz or less) you can carry on the apple juice. Sounds like there are 6 people in your group, each person could bring 12 cans. (and no, each person does not have to "carry" the cans themselves. If you all check in together one or two people could actually "have the cans in their possession" as long as you don't have more than 12 cans per person.

• 6 months later...

Bring your own reusable cups.

Distilled water yes.

Hide the extension cord in the middle of your cord just in case

It can not be a surge protector

We loved the magic.