Gift card for sail and spend

arkstfan

Kroger from time to time offers 4x points per dollar on gift cards on the weekend. I've already paid for my cruise and set up a credit card for my on-board account but I was wondering if I could switch my on-board account to a $500 Carnival gift card?

The points would buy me $1 a gallon discount on two tanks of gas at the store's gas station (which is where I buy gas already), plus 1000 Amex points.

Anything leftover (unlikely) I can apply to my next cruise which I probably book in a few months anyway.

Kroger from time to time offers 4x points per dollar on gift cards on the weekend. I've already paid for my cruise and set up a credit card for my on-board account but I was wondering if I could switch my on-board account to a $500 Carnival gift card?

The points would buy me $1 a gallon discount on two tanks of gas at the store's gas station (which is where I buy gas already), plus 1000 Amex points.

Anything leftover (unlikely) I can apply to my next cruise which I probably book in a few months anyway.

Yes, you can. After you board the ship, Guest Services will apply whatever amount you choose from your $500 gift card to your Sail and Sign account. That will give you a credit toward future onboard purchases. You may do this as many times as you need to onboard, based on how much you are spending as you go along. If there is an outstanding balance vs. the credit on your S&S account when the cruise ends, it will be charged to the credit card you've already set up. It's very convenient to keep an eye on your onboard charges at the kiosk; however, you cannot apply any outstanding credit left on your gift card at the kiosk. You must visit Guest Services to apply any remaining gift card balance to your S&S account.

Hope that helps and hope you have a great cruise.

Hope that helps.