Xcaret- anybody been?

kydesperado

Was looking at possibly going to the Xcaret while we are at the extended port time in Cozumel. The boat ride across doesn't bother us, we did that last time for another excursion. Just wondering if it was worth trying or looking for something else. Hadn't seen anything posted on here recently about it.

Thanks in advance!

Was looking at possibly going to the Xcaret while we are at the extended port time in Cozumel. The boat ride across doesn't bother us, we did that last time for another excursion. Just wondering if it was worth trying or looking for something else. Hadn't seen anything posted on here recently about it.

Thanks in advance!

We visited Xcaret while staying at the Occidental next door and had a 2-day pass. We thoroughly enjoyed it and were able to pick and choose at our leisure and it was nice to be able to return to the resort for a break in the heat.

I think it really depends what you are primarily wanting to do at Xcaret. In my opinion there is way to much to do in the limited time from a cruise excursion. I don't know what time you will return but the evening show is interesting, although not the highlight for us that it is for many.

We have been twice, most recently on our last cruise in September of last year. We loved it both times and it has grown tremendously since our first visit over 10 years ago. This is an all day excursion so keep that in mind. There is soooo much to see and do, everything from cultural events and demonstrations, animals to see, limited true Mayan ruins intermingled with replicas along with a Mayan cemetery, a small beach, many shops and restaurants, and much more. Be prepared for a lot of walking and you have to keep a fast pace to see just some of what is offered in one day. I agree with the last poster in that there is way too much to do for a cruise excursion but you will have a full, fun filled day if you go. Just know that you probably can't see it all, but you definitely won't be bored.

I visited Xcaret about 10 years ago and had a great time. My son and i are sailing 8-28 and i looked into this and Xplor (his pick) as well. We are also on the extended port time and realized by the time we get in (noon) and the time it takes to get there we would have limited time so I called to verify if there are different pay schedules or extended hours. The woman was very nice but explained that they close at 5 and by the time we get there we would definitely be limited in the number of activities we could do. Not sure if that helps at all.

I visited Xcaret about 10 years ago and had a great time. My son and i are sailing 8-28 and i looked into this and Xplor (his pick) as well. We are also on the extended port time and realized by the time we get in (noon) and the time it takes to get there we would have limited time so I called to verify if there are different pay schedules or extended hours. The woman was very nice but explained that they close at 5 and by the time we get there we would definitely be limited in the number of activities we could do. Not sure if that helps at all.

Xplor is 9-5 but Xcaret is 8.30-10.30pm according to FAQ sections of their website. Obviously this is to allow for the show. Not sure how much access you have to the remainder of the park,or what time other activities close down,as we didn't pay much attention since we were heading to the show with everyone else!

Hubby and I booked a January cruise on RCCL's Oasis specifically to go to Xcaret and don't see it listed as an excursion. It's one of our favorite places in the world. We always go to the underground river, snorkel inlet and beach area with just a cursory walk by the ruins and animals. We've only gone on cruise excursions so can't speak to the evening shows. I'd say "go for it" and if you love it you can always book a resort in the future.

Hubby and I booked a January cruise on RCCL's Oasis specifically to go to Xcaret and don't see it listed as an excursion. It's one of our favorite places in the world. We always go to the underground river, snorkel inlet and beach area with just a cursory walk by the ruins and animals. We've only gone on cruise excursions so can't speak to the evening shows. I'd say "go for it" and if you love it you can always book a resort in the future.

I have seen many cruise itineraries where Xcaret is not an excursion choice. I believe that is because the ship has to be in port long enough to allow for the trip time it takes to get there and back and provide sufficient time in the park to make it a worthwhile excursion. I don't think one would get their money's worth if in Xcaret for only a couple of hours nor could you fully appreciate all that is offered.

• 2 months later...
Xcaret is amazing. I'm not sure if I would try it on a one day cruise excursion. But, if you do I would suggest you do some research so you know what you want to do while you are there.

I agree with this. We did this when we did a land trip to Cancun and it was a long day and well worth it. The evening show is amazing. It seems like you would be rushed on a cruise excursion, especially from Cozumel.