another deposit refund question

andio2of5

I booked an April, 2018 cruise last year. Since I didn't have any more FCD's I used my VISA credit card for the $100 refundable deposit ($200 for the two of us). Several months later that particular VISA card was compromised so was closed. I just had to cancel that cruise and asked my TA how the deposit refund would be handled since that credit card was no longer valid. She replied that "It is a law that the cruise lines have to refund the card that was used, so will have to contact the credit card company to get your refund."

Anybody else experience this situation and was it a hassle with the credit card company..... and typically how long does it take Princess to process that refund so I will know when to call the credit card company?

CC company will transfer refund to new account number. Just had this done.

great...thank you. How long after cancelling did you wait to call the credit card company? Is the refund from Princess instantaneous or take days for them to issue the credit back to the cc?

Was the account completely closed or did the bank issue you a new number? My experience is when a credit card is "closed", it really means it is no longer valid for charges but merchants can still apply refunds to it. Assuming it was a case of the bank issuing you a new number, it should automatically transfer to the new number.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

great...thank you. How long after cancelling did you wait to call the credit card company? Is the refund from Princess instantaneous or take days for them to issue the credit back to the cc?

Give it at least a week before you start calling. Refunds are NEVER instantaneous.

Notice it takes no time at all for a charge to appear, but giving you back your money is like watching the last drop of molasses drip out of the bottle.:cool:

BTW: usually takes about 2 weeks for refunds to appear on the card I normally use for my cruises.