Room servicing schedule?

ncshp955

I am one who is fine with the once a day room service but am wondering if anyone can tell me what time each service starts? If it starts to early I would like afternoon service but if the evening service would be when we are getting ready for dinner then I just don't know. Thanks for any help.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have found that it depends on the steward and how quickly they get up and running. With twice daily our room has been serviced at times before 8 am if we left at 7 - depending on how many others were out early and in the evening usually between 6-8 pm.

we choose evening because we are late sleepers as well as nappers...lol. Our guy last month would just come when he noticed us leaving. sometimes it was around 6pm, sometimes it was later. We're not messy people and are not too concerned about new towels or even the bed being made but I do like to see the towel animal surprises. :)

they service the room around your eating habits, we never left the room before 9-10 am and she knew it. we had twice a day, as always, and we eat dinner 8:30 -9 pm and she knew ours was her last room of the night.

When you go to breakfast, leave the "Clean my room" door hanger on your door. More times than not, your room will have been cleaned when you return from breakfast... unless you had a very quick breakfast, in which case you might want to find something else to do for a little while after you eat. Same thing if you choose evening cleaning.

Times depend on when people leave their cabins. As people leave they clean the room.

Have seen them cleaning as early as 8 am and as late as 1pm in the afternoon. No set times.

When you leave your cabin if you see your steward just politely mention that you are leaving so they know they can tidy up your cabin.

Edited by deborahjo

That I am but not so much the wife but we should both be up and out by 10 at the latest.

Let your steward know, and use the cards for the keycard holder when you are in or out of the room.

Does anyone know if new ships like Vista have the light system tucked in the ceiling where you can toggle do not disturb, make up room, or shows if room is occupied (via card used to activate lights). Some new NCL ships have this with toggle switches inside, no cards to stick into the lock, and MSC it will tell if cabin is occupied or not.

Let your steward know, and use the cards for the keycard holder when you are in or out of the room.

Does anyone know if new ships like Vista have the light system tucked in the ceiling where you can toggle do not disturb, make up room, or shows if room is occupied (via card used to activate lights). Some new NCL ships have this with toggle switches inside, no cards to stick into the lock, and MSC it will tell if cabin is occupied or not.

No, they don't.

It really depends on your habits. Stewards show up in the mornings around 8 AM. And in the evening it's around 6 to 8 PM. If you choose whether you want AM or PM stateroom service, your steward will likely service your stateroom based on when you come and go, especially if you use your "cruisin'" and "snoozin' door hanger in your stateroom. Good communication with your cabin steward on embarkation day will help ensure you get the service time you prefer.

Have a great cruise!

Am I reading that Carnival only does once per day cabin cleaning, etc.? If so, when did that change from the twice?

Thanks.

2 or 3 years ago. You get a choice which will be discussed with your SRA on the first day. There are many posters who say they've had no issue with getting twice a day service as before-- just ask.

We ask for evening cleaning during our late dining time and also request a towel check during the day.

The evening services usually occurs while you're at dinner, but on my last two cruises I had YTD/ATD, and found that the stewards were really quick in getting the rooms done before the late seating or 8:00-8:15pm. It didn't matter to me as I opted out of going to the MDR, and ate at the Lido and specialty restaurants.

I am one who is fine with the once a day room service but am wondering if anyone can tell me what time each service starts? If it starts to early I would like afternoon service but if the evening service would be when we are getting ready for dinner then I just don't know. Thanks for any help.

About 730-800.