Unable to make MTD reservations on Cruise Planner?

Been an avid CC reader, now a full-fledged member....

With a question: Why am I unable to make MTD reservations using Cruise Planner?

Some additional info: Cruise (Harmony) is like a month away, booked directly on the RCCL website, had MTD as a dining assignment since booking.

Note: I called RCCL about this and was told: "There is no reason why you shouldn't be able to do this but we cannot figure out why you can't" . As a solution, RCCL offered to make all my MTD reservations for me over the phone (which is not ultra convenient because of changes as my week gets filled in with shows, etc).

Anyone have this problem?

Others have reported this and numerous other issues with Royal's website. If you want MTD reservations, I suggest you make them over the phone, or wait until you get onboard and make them at the MTD desk.

My sister had the same thing. I called the travel agent and they couldn't figure it out and suggested I call royal to get them to check. I did and they couldn't figure it out. They booked her reservations for every night. Now she can go into the cruise planner to see them and even change them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

Just curious...when "should" you be able to make MTD reservations? When the other dining reservations open up? Or later?

There's no "should", "usually", or "typically" with Royal releasing the various reservations on their website.. All you can do is periodically check the Cruise Planner.

Just curious...when "should" you be able to make MTD reservations? When the other dining reservations open up? Or later?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was able to make CK & MTD reservations for Anthem almost a year in advance. On our Spring Break cruise on Oasis, I believe it was roughly 4 months prior. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason.

For what its worth I am unable to make reservations fpr MTD my cruise is Oct 28 on Harmony. I asked my TA and he spoke with RCL they said I should be able to 45 days out???

They don't really know, they are just telling you whatever is on their canned answer sheet.

We did have a problem where one of us was MTD and the other showed as "Open Seating." Turns out the latter is NOT MTD, and it prevented us from getting reservations with both people (but I could make a reservation for 1). Since reservation was through a TA, she had to fix the problem. Ten minutes later could make reservations. Note that you are very close to sailing, so slight possibility that reservations are all booked up and you will have to wait until onboard.

For what its worth I am unable to make reservations fpr MTD my cruise is Oct 28 on Harmony. I asked my TA and he spoke with RCL they said I should be able to 45 days out???

Sailing October 8th on Oasis and I booked dining months ago.

We did have a problem where one of us was MTD and the other showed as "Open Seating." ...

Interesting, I've never heard of "open seating". I wonder what kind of dining this person would have had if they remiained in open seating.

Interesting, I didn't even think about doing it this far in advance. I just booked mine for 10/26 sailing except the 2nd night because I tried to edit the time and now it just won't even take a reservation. Their website is absolutely dreadful. And it's a shame because it has such potential.