Atlantis Dig and Aquarium...

Jabee

After about 6:00 at night, the guards leave the area. When they do, any one may go into the dig and see most of the aquarium.

You need to look and see if any guards are still on duty, but when the leave, they are gone. All you do then is walk in!!

It is a very impressive sight, but no tours or guides. You just have to look...but oh the things you see!!

Just reading through OLD posts. Is there anyone out there who has been to Atlantis lately who can confirm whether this is still true? I don't want to go to the Atlantis for the waterpark as I am 21 weeks pregnant and will have our 2 year old with us, but I was really interested in checking out "The Digs". Just wondering if we could go to a beach for the day, then check this out on our way back (we are in port for 24 hours so we have time).

If someone could confirm that its still FREE after 6ish, that would be amazing!

Just reading through OLD posts. Is there anyone out there who has been to Atlantis lately who can confirm whether this is still true? I don't want to go to the Atlantis for the waterpark as I am 21 weeks pregnant and will have our 2 year old with us, but I was really interested in checking out "The Digs". Just wondering if we could go to a beach for the day, then check this out on our way back (we are in port for 24 hours so we have time).

If someone could confirm that its still FREE after 6ish, that would be amazing!

I can't really confirm that it is definitely free, but we were there 2 weeks ago and walked around the grounds, the dig and underwater tubes without paying anything. It was around 3 in the afternoon when we wandered onto Atlantis grounds from the beach area. Nobody stopped us or asked to see a wristband, so I just assumed it was Ok to walk around and see the sights.

I can't really confirm that it is definitely free, but we were there 2 weeks ago and walked around the grounds, the dig and underwater tubes without paying anything. It was around 3 in the afternoon when we wandered onto Atlantis grounds from the beach area. Nobody stopped us or asked to see a wristband, so I just assumed it was Ok to walk around and see the sights.

Thanks amilicia!

I wouldn't assume that you could do this on any given day, as it is against the hotel policy, and if noticed.. you would be asked to leave..

Atlantis is NOT open to the public to wander around, either from the beach side entry or the front door. It's private property.

There are times when security may not be doing their job.. but it's not the norm.

This is called trespassing.

I wouldn't assume that you could do this on any given day, as it is against the hotel policy, and if noticed.. you would be asked to leave..

Atlantis is NOT open to the public to wander around, either from the beach side entry or the front door. It's private property.

There are times when security may not be doing their job.. but it's not the norm.

This is called trespassing.

Yea I agree...If you are planning on seeing Atlantis, I would pay for some kind of ticket and not assume you can saunter in with no issues.

I can only speak for Carnival...but I believe they have 3 tiers of tickets. One for the digs, one for the the beach (that included access to the digs) and one for the water park (that includes access to the digs and beach)

From what I understand, if you buy any ticket to Atlantis, it will include the digs.

I use a scooter to get around. Would I be able to move around Atlantis and the DIGS?

Yes, but it will be quite crowded the week you are going. The DIGS may be a bit tight with all the tours going thru that week.

U may not be able to get up to the glass. There are times it's 10 people deep.. for hours at a time during high season.

Archived