Bernard's Tour info please?

Produce123

hi there. Thinking about doing the Bernard's Island and Shopping Tour II as it is a great price. Reviews are great except often mention that Orient Beach has very aggressive and rude and consisting sellers on the beach that almost ruin the entire 90 minutes there. Can anyone speak to this and if this true? Thanks.

We have done the tour twice. Hope you get Mailman as your driver, he is a bunch of fun. There was a lady selling hats and scarfs one time. Do not recall anybody the other time. And I would not call it aggressive in the least. I would not hesitate to book this tour again. A simple "no thank you" has always worked on all of the islands. Just like it does when they are trying to upsell you on an RCI ship. ;)

IF you go to the French side pastries shop, hustle off of the van so you can get in line and try some of their desserts. They are amazing to look at and taste even better.

We spend a LOT of time on Orient.

We have always seen a number of beach 'vendors' on Orient.

Beach clothes and towels, hats, jewelry, CD's, coconut patio decorations, foot and body massages, most everything.

Go to Club Orient proper and there is almost none of this.

Even the buffer area between Pedro's and Club Orient has a very reduced traffic of vendors.

We've never been harrassed or necessarily bothered by them. In almost every case a polite 'No thank you' is enough.

gary

Did his tour the first time to St Martin that included Orient Beach. Don't recall vendors being worse than anywhere else. Yes, a polite "No thank you" usually suffices. Next time, I did the same tour but without Orient Beach. Booked that one again for November.

As for car seats, just send an email and ask! There's a "contact us" on the website.

Did his tour the first time to St Martin that included Orient Beach. Don't recall vendors being worse than anywhere else. Yes, a polite "No thank you" usually suffices. Next time, I did the same tour but without Orient Beach. Booked that one again for November.

As for car seats, just send an email and ask! There's a "contact us" on the website.

I did email and ask about seat belts in the back seat. Since we will be on a private tour for just the 6 of us, I didn't think we'd be in a bus. They quickly got back to me and said "yes" there are rear set belts. Thanks all.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

• 1 year later...
Has anyone ever done the Orient-Maho beach tour with Bernard's? It's 2 hours of beach time at both. Debating between doing this or spending the entire time at Maho.

I am.curious myself. We are going there next month