Cruising Over Valentine's Day

ms_samuella

Hello! My husband and I are looking at booking a cruise in February 2018 to the Caribbean. Currently we are looking at two cruise lines - NCL & Royal Caribbean - as my husband has only sailed Carnival and we'd like to see what a mega ship on another line is like. We are looking at two cruises over Valentine's Day, and I was wondering if anyone knows if either line does anything special for the day. For NCL I've looked at their specialty dining package promo, but saw that it mentioned it might not be redeemable on holidays such as Christmas and Thanksgiving, does anyone know if it would be valid on Valentine's Day at a specialty restaurant? :confused:

Specifically we are looking at the 2/10-2/17 sailings for the Norwegian Escape (St. Thomas, Tortola, Nassau) and Royal Harmony of the Seas (St. Thomas, San Juan, Labadee) out of Miami/FLL. If there are any thoughts on the ships or itineraries, I welcome those as well. We've never been to most of these places, and I've been wanting to go to San Juan and Nassau for awhile so both seem interesting. Though, I'm not 100% sure what is worth seeing in the ports, or if we should go for the Norwegian Getaway on the 2/11 sailing to Mexico. Decisions are difficult. ;)

In advance, thanks for taking the time to provide any feedback!

(I apologize if posting this in the NCL forum isn't best as I couldn't find a place that seemed more fitting.)

Terms do not say can not be redeemed on holidays they say: "....Special Occasion/Holiday menus (New Year's, Christmas, etc.), Jazz Brunch, Wine Lovers and Murder Mystery lunches, and beverages are not included as part of the Specialty Dining Packages."

So if they offered a special Valentine's menu, like sometimes they would have a special Christmas or New Year's menu, that would not be included.

Sailed on Escape February 2017 including Valentines Day. You could make dining reservations with a dining package. However, I suggest getting online at exactly 90 days out to reserve speciality dining and even regular dining for Valentine's Day as venues booked up super quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hello! My husband and I are looking at booking a cruise in February 2018 to the Caribbean. Currently we are looking at two cruise lines - NCL & Royal Caribbean - as my husband has only sailed Carnival and we'd like to see what a mega ship on another line is like. We are looking at two cruises over Valentine's Day, and I was wondering if anyone knows if either line does anything special for the day. For NCL I've looked at their specialty dining package promo, but saw that it mentioned it might not be redeemable on holidays such as Christmas and Thanksgiving, does anyone know if it would be valid on Valentine's Day at a specialty restaurant? :confused:

Specifically we are looking at the 2/10-2/17 sailings for the Norwegian Escape (St. Thomas, Tortola, Nassau) and Royal Harmony of the Seas (St. Thomas, San Juan, Labadee) out of Miami/FLL. If there are any thoughts on the ships or itineraries, I welcome those as well. We've never been to most of these places, and I've been wanting to go to San Juan and Nassau for awhile so both seem interesting. Though, I'm not 100% sure what is worth seeing in the ports, or if we should go for the Norwegian Getaway on the 2/11 sailing to Mexico. Decisions are difficult. ;)

In advance, thanks for taking the time to provide any feedback!

(I apologize if posting this in the NCL forum isn't best as I couldn't find a place that seemed more fitting.)

I have only cruised NCL, MSC and Carnival so far- but I can wholeheartedly rec. NCL! The stops of St. Thomas and Tortola are beautiful and Nassau is fun too! Check out my blog in my signature and search for Nassau, St. Thomas and Tortola and you can see some ideas. :) We did the NCL Tortola tour "Land and Sea" and in St. Thomas we have done the island tour and Magen's Bay (those should be easy to find on my blog too!) In Nassau we have done the beach, and island tour and the super fun John Watling's Distillery. The nice thing about the NCL perks are the alcohol and dining packages-which are awesome!:cool:

Save

Terms do not say can not be redeemed on holidays they say: "....Special Occasion/Holiday menus (New Year's, Christmas, etc.), Jazz Brunch, Wine Lovers and Murder Mystery lunches, and beverages are not included as part of the Specialty Dining Packages."

So if they offered a special Valentine's menu, like sometimes they would have a special Christmas or New Year's menu, that would not be included.

Thanks for the clarity, I must have misinterpreted when I read them the first time. :o